1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Antonee Robinson signs

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Surlyc, Aug 20, 2020.

1. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

So we have announced our first signing of the shortened summer, 23 year old left back Antonee Robinson from Wigan for £2m.

please log in to view this image

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2020/august/20/antonee-robinson-signs

It's a low risk signing at just £2m, due to Wigan's unfortunate relegation. We've needed cover/competition for Joe Bryan for the past two seasons as Le Marchand is not a PL quality (or even Championship quality) left back. Robinson is athletic and attacking, both attributes that will endear him to Parker, and he's young. All in all, a very solid opening signing.

Here's hoping Robinson forms a good relationship with Cavaleiro, as Bryan has never managed to form a bond with a LW in the fashion that Targett/Sessegnon had!

2. 2whitestripes

2whitestripes Well-Known Member

A very good acquisition for us, from the videos I've seen he is ready for the next level and is fast, reminiscent of Fredricks.
    We will need 2 good alternatives for each position, Robinson / Bryan certainly fill this at LB.
    Welcome to the FFC family Antonee.

3. Cookie-6262

Cookie-6262 Well-Known Member

Very happy with this signing, young very highly rated and thanks to Wigan’s unfortunate relegation only £1.9 million. Just get me Reed, CB and RB and I’m happy.

4. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

I would add another striker to that list, although maybe Babel could do that job. I'm not comfortable with Bobby Reid as a striker at Championship level, let alone in the PL.

I very much like having some depth at LB, I certainly don't want to see Odoi or MLM playing there.

5. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

I'd like another striker. I'm still hoping we make a move for Ollie Watkins. Good cover for Mitro and he could get goals playing out wide, so it wouldn't be a straight either/or between him and Mitro.