1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Aluko out Jota in??

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Cookie-6262, Aug 29, 2017.

1. Cookie-6262

Cookie-6262 Well-Known Member

Sky reporting that we have accepted a bid from Reading for Aluko £7.5 million, twitter sphere rumours saying that it is £6 million upfront rising to £7.5 mill.

The interesting bit is there are rumours surfacing that we have bid the exact same fee £6 million rising to £7.5 million for Jota of Brentford!!!

2. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

This doesn't really make sense.

I understand selling older players to subsidise younger signings, but taking the money to sign a player of pretty much the same quality is illogical. Particularly since Aluko has been an almost ever-present leader for this team with an option for another year on his contract and Jota is somewhat unpredictable. I would have even thought the wages would be similar, since Jota is Brentford's best player. The only way this has legs is if Aluko has fallen out with Jokanovic...

3. Cookie-6262

Cookie-6262 Well-Known Member

Aluko is older and in last year of contract, it has been mentioned he wanted a new contract wth a pay rise in line with Cairneys new wage! For me personally Jota is a better player as well.

4. Cottager58

Cottager58 Well-Known Member

The added rumour is that Aluko wanted a new 4 year deal with us and given his age, the Club hierarchy weren't prepared to agree to that. Nice guy though he is, if Aluko is digging his heels in so be it. And not a bad deal given we got him on a free.

5. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

My understanding is we Aluko a 2 year deal with an option for a third - presumably either Aluko is refusing the third year or he's asking for a big increase (as Cookie mentions).

Maybe Jota is asking for less money (and he probably is a better player, even if temperamental), but I can't see Brentford selling to us.

6. Cravingawin

Cravingawin Well-Known Member

A free transfer selling for £6m. Not like Fulham at all. I was expecting at least a couple of weeks on strike or something!

7. Fabulous Fabio

Fabulous Fabio Well-Known Member

As much as I like Aluko, he is after all one of a select few to play for both my teams! I think thats a fair price for him. Everything into consideration, one year left on his contract, the fact we got him on a free, we've done well out of this deal.

My one criticism of Aluko is he doesn't score enough goals for me, gets himself into good positions and get good chances but needs about 5 chances per game to score a goal. I think Jota is a better all round player and could thrive in our system

8. fulham traveller

fulham traveller Well-Known Member

A player we got for nothing, and then sell for 6m is good business, h is a very good player, but we never went up last season because not put our chances away, aluko the biggest culprit

9. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

I think Aluko is one our best players and like Slav don't think he should be sold. Having said that I think Fulham have an abundance of players who can play that position, but none are better than Aluko at present.
    Moneywise it's a good deal for Fulham, I'd like to have Jota if Cairney had to go for surgery, but my priorities would be a top class Center back or Main striker not another midfielder.

Cottager58 likes this.
  10. Fabulous Fabio

Fabulous Fabio Well-Known Member

Aluko to Reading has been confirmed!!

11. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

As SuperBri said, while Aluko is a good player, we have several options in his position: Sessegnon, Kabano, Ayite, Ojo and (maybe) Kamara. Add in the rumours of Jote and/or Forrestieri and I don't think we'll miss him. The reported fee is, as others have said, a good one even without considering that we signed him on a free. I didn't want to see him go, but I'm okay with this.

12. kunye

kunye Well-Known Member

Give Jota a whirl, plus another good defender

Captain Morgan likes this.
  13. Cottager58

Cottager58 Well-Known Member

Sorry couldn't resist what must be the best, worst joke of the night. It followed comments on twitter about the shirt Aluko wore in his Reading picture -

upload_2017-8-29_23-11-5.png

The wag tweeted:

Maybe he was on his way to a barn dance? You know the rest ... !

Captain Morgan likes this.