1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

ALUKO out for two to three weeks

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Blaknamberblood, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Blaknamberblood

Blaknamberblood Well-Known Member

The Bruce mentioned in his interview that Sone ALUKO is going to be out for at least two to three weeks, with an achilles problem, also mentioned about a deal being in place for Elmo at the end of the season, but interview got cut short so didn`t go into details. Sounds like Sone has had an injection but a scan has shown it not to be as bad as Matty`s problem.

2. Murdoc

Murdoc Well-Known Member

It would be fatal to lose Aluko now that we're starting to gain some momentum. I'm glad Elmo is being looked at being signed up permanently, we've needed a natural winger of his ability for a long time.

3. tigercity

tigercity Well-Known Member

I'd play proschwitz vs hudders but we can score from midfield - Koren & Brady so not too worrying if Aluko isn't out for more than the 2-3 weeks

4. tigerrev

tigerrev Well-Known Member

Bruce already knows we need to strengthen up front - I think we need to bring 2 recognised strikers in with Fryatt out for the season, Aluko having an injury that could last longer than we think and Mclean and Proschwitz hardly being prolific

5. Mike Hull

Mike Hull Member

Big loss but not season threatening, we've won our last two games (hard games at that) without him, time for Simmo, Proschwitz and Mclean to step up to the plate and i personally think between them we can still be threatening upfront.

6. ellewoods

ellewoods Well-Known Member

I wasnt there but it sounded like Pro looked good when he came on.

7. Murdoc

Murdoc Well-Known Member

Prosser's looked good everytime he's played. I think the problem was that when Bruce started him at Boro', he started alongside McLean. I think he's got that poaching look about him, he's always in good positions and he's surprisingly good in possession for a tall guy.

I'd start him alongside Simmo against Huddersfield.

8. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

I hope he comes good, but he was ****ing useless against Boro.

9. robingram02

robingram02 Well-Known Member

He did a nice trick on the byline today and then he fell over like a girl looking for a soft pen. I think he's bound to get more of a chance with Aluko out and he could do with more than the last 15-20 minutes to give him a bit of momentum.

Simpson held it up well again and did a selfless role for the team, but the goals have dried up. He also did a piece of skill and then skinned one of their defenders, which looked good. I also thought he had a chance to lay it off that may have resulted in a goal, but from memory he chose to keep going towards goal from along the byline and the angle became ever smaller, where he then lost it.

10. tigercity

tigercity Well-Known Member

they tried that stepping up to the plate thing in training but Mclean missed it...:bandit:

11. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

please log in to view this image

12. Benjo

Benjo Well-Known Member

We've done most of the season so far without Fryatt, Hobbs and Koren. I think we'll be ok for a few weeks without Aluko personally. Our other options up top haven't been prolific but they have all been chipping in with goals when they've played. Now's their chance to show us what they can do.

13. x

x Well-Known Member

wonder if the aluko injury will affect his chances of playing in the african nations.

14. Jaggro

Jaggro Active Member

We still need a striker - goals keep coming in from midfield, and although that's been a problem for us in recent years (minus Koren) we still need someone who's going to be consistent - McLean runs his socks off but only bags 5 a season, Proschwitz is, well, undecided and Simpson has a tendency to score a goal a game for one month and then bugger off for two.

15. The FRENCH TICKLER

The FRENCH TICKLER Well-Known Member

No reason to panic one little bit. Have done ok so far without Aluko. Simpson played very well today and will start next week again with Koren in support. McLean and Proschwitz are good off the bench at the moment. The midfield now looks the best by far in the championship,, imo.