1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Alstom Open de France and The Greenbrier Classic European and PGA tour events

Discussion in 'General Betting Board' started by SaveTheHumans, Jul 1, 2015.

1. SaveTheHumans

SaveTheHumans Well-Known Member

Alstom Open:

Alexander Levy 33/1 - Will be a strong home contender and he has a proper chance here too. Crisp striker of the ball who when teeing off well will give himself plenty of birdie opportunities with his iron play, if some of them putts get falling he can have a good 4 days.

Greenbrier Classic:

JB Holmes 30/1 - Not the guys biggest fan to be honest, he's one one of the slowest players on tour but I hold some respect for the fact he's been through the ringer having had brain surgery in 2011 and coming back well to compete at this level. He's been knocking on the door at many events having already won at Houston and this track may suit him this week. His driving is phenomenal and helps get him close enough to make relative easy birdie chances. His irons are hit and miss as is the putting but he's got another event in him and this could be it.

Good luck anyone playing.

A few side players to take notice of for the future. Partick Rodgers of America. Is playing very well of late and will be winning many events in the future I think. He has played and competed very well in his debut season on the PGA tour so far.

Paul Dunne the Irish Amateur has just qualified for the British Open and at 22 will hopefully be breaking into the ranks soon.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2015
    Flobble likes this.
  2. SaveTheHumans

Well Levy was overcome by nerves and played his way out of contention on the front 9 bogeying 5 of the first 6 holes! Will take a monumental effort to make the cut let alone contend.

Holmes on the other hand has made a steady start and sits T14 after finishing -3 with the current leader on -6. Half the field to head out though and if - 6 isn't passed that would be satisfying from my perspective.

Hopefully Tiger can hit well the rest of the week. Currently on -3 today which is positive, he definitely needs to calm the drive down, I reckon if he slowed it down and sacrificed a little distance to just gain some confidence with it. Lately he's been smashing it everywhere and is definitely feeling the pressure out there and a result of pressure on the course is to swing harder as the emotions are not in control. Come on Tigger, get back to doing what you do best. And no, that's not shagging woman you dirty minded people :)

3. SaveTheHumans

Levy missed the cut by a considerable margin in France. Holmes is -4 and just 5 shots off the lead heading into the weekend play. It is very congested though so a good round today would be great for him. Woods is -5 and going okay, still a lot of hit and miss shots but he is shaping the ball pretty well mostly which is a good sign he's getting that control back. Still needs to slow that drive down for me.

4. SaveTheHumans

Holmes had a good Sunday shooting 4 under to go to -9 for his weeks work. He finished just 4 off the leaders but it was a very congested leader board this week with the course playing so soft and he found himself finishing T22 as result. Plenty of FedEx points earned but no returns for me!

The Austrian Bernd Wiesberger took home the Alstom where a very strong breeze made it an entertaining watch this afternoon. Wiesberger did well recently at the Irish Open too and is proving himself well up to scratch for the windy conditions and that's his 3rd European tour victory too. A definite candidate for anyone's shortlist for St.Andrews in his current form.