1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Alan Pardew blames referee Mike Dean for injury crisis

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Vuckic's Faces, Dec 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vuckic's Faces

Vuckic's Faces Active Member

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/16094950.stm

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew believes the decision not to send off Chelsea's David Luiz on Saturday has caused the club major injury problems.

Luiz fouled Demba Ba when the Newcastle striker seemed through on goal, but was only booked by referee Mike Dean.

Pardew said that the decision may have changed the game and led to Newcastle "putting in more effort than we've done in any other game this season".

"That's cost us injuries to [Danny] Guthrie and [Steven] Taylor," he added.

Continue reading the main story
    We ended up with 10 men with not a centre-half on the pitch - I don't ever remember being in that situation before
    Alan Pardew
    Newcastle manager
    Fabricio Coloccini was also injured in the 3-0 defeat and is expected to miss the game against Norwich on Saturday with a thigh problem.

Centre-back Taylor will miss the rest of the season with an Achilles problem, while midfielder Guthrie faces a four-to-six week lay-off with a groin injury.

"We ended up with 10 men with not a centre-half on the pitch. I don't ever remember being in that situation before," added Pardew.

Referee Dean admitted to Pardew after the game that Luiz should have seen a straight red for his fourth minute challenge on Senegalese international Ba.

Referring to another referring mistake last weekend, where Stuart Attwell sent off Bolton's Gary Cahill, a decision overturned on appeal, Pardew said: "It's interesting to see both the referee at our place, who admitted to the mistake, and the Bolton referee have got games this weekend."

Pardew is now set to pick utility player James Perch, who came on for Coloccini on Saturday, for Saturday's Premier League clash with Norwich.

Hungarian Tamas Kadar could make his first appearance of the season or the Magpies boss may call on either Davide Santon or Danny Simpson to solve his centre-half dilemma.

Taylor, who has impressed at the Sports Direct Arena this season, has undergone an operation on his injured tendon and is said to be progressing well.

---------------------------------------

What do you guys think?

2. The Strawberry Syrup Man

The Strawberry Syrup Man Well-Known Member

3. Agent Bruce

Agent Bruce Well-Known Member

Ref and linesman were rubbish!

4. You'veBeenTiote'd

You'veBeenTiote'd Active Member

What he says is true! Mike Dean was dreadful!

5. Cal.

Cal. Active Member

True, but just calling for a fine from FA.

6. skalpel

skalpel Active Member

They took a bit of a gigantic leap when they forged that headline didn't they? Pardew says that because we didn't get the easier 11v10 game we should have gotten, we had to put more effort into the game than we would have had to, which resulted in injuries. To state therefore that 'Pardew blames referee for injuries' is ridiculous.

7. spidermag

spidermag Member

8. nufc4life

nufc4life Guest

the referee wasnt looking at the same game i dont think and the linesman was a useless fcuker aswell ,whats happend has happend no point us dwelling on it we need a win on saturday to give us a boost of confidence

9. Vuckic's Faces

Vuckic's Faces Active Member

Like I said on another thread, I have a sneaky feeling Colo will be fit

10. mag la rue

mag la rue Member

Was a shocking decision by the ref and had he got it correct the result would have been different. But to blame him for the injuries is wrong. Pardews gameplan wasn't based on Luiz being sent off in the 4th minute. The fixtures list is as much to blame as the ref for giving us the three hardest teams in the league one after the other. 11 v 11 we simply weren't as good as we can be but I can accept the players would have been exhausted. Hopefully the powers that be will recognise the squad isn't strong enough and it will force investment in January. I firmly believe had we got more points from these fixtures then nothing would have been spent in January.

11. LeonBestIsMint

to be fair AP is right, that decision cost Saylor his season

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.