1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

AJ Hattrick - now can we give him some credit ?

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by toshchamberlainsmate, Oct 2, 2011.

1. toshchamberlainsmate

toshchamberlainsmate Well-Known Member

Like him or loathe him, AJ is in good form. Scoring himself and causing/creating for others. 5 in 2 must be good, keep it up AJ!

2. frogman27

frogman27 Member

Totally agree Tosh, whoo wait up that will be 6 then. Sounds like AJ has been fantastic today as has BZ according to the BBC commentary, bragging rights for years on this display.

3. dempsey's revenge

dempsey's revenge Active Member

I"m glad for him and the team. I've been a supporter all along. His difficulties with Fulham have come down to injuries; no one can argue with his commitment or skill. When he's healthy, he's one of our best players.

4. Bidley

Bidley Well-Known Member

Still can't fault him. He's more than earned his place.

5. FFC_Madness

FFC_Madness Well-Known Member

AJ and Bobby were both outstanding today. It wad like QPR had no defence. Today's performance does not show any trouble in the team.

6. RobespierreFFC

I've been a strong critic of his and supported selling him in the transfer window, but credit must go where credits due and you can't argue with 5 goals in 2 games

7. valjing

valjing Member

RobespierreFFC & all above posts,I fully endorse your comments. As you are all well aware
    I have been his biggest critic,but if this vain continues brilliant,
    More goals scored in 2mths than the last 2 years?

8. Cottagecravens

Funny what happens when you're playing for a new contract. Seriously AJ did well today. QPR defending didn't help. I'm worried when we don't play with a out and out winger such as Duff as we seem to play everything through the middle but today it worked. Again however I thought after the first goal Dembele went missing a bit. The AJ move to beat Orr, Zamora flick for Dempsey to slot in was a superb move, watch it tonight. Murphy's quick thinking on the free kick was also very clever. We looked much more assured with Baird at CB, it looks now the penny has dropped and Senderos is what he was brought in as....a back up.

9. GeraScores

GeraScores Well-Known Member

3 goals, made the penalty and one other assist - A really strong performance coming on the back of a brace last Thursday. Well done AJ.

10. Fulhaman

Fulhaman Well-Known Member

Absolutely with Robes. Never been a fan but happy to give credit where it is due. Long may he continue wearing his scoring boots.

11. Jonas' Dance Teacher

Jonas' Dance Teacher Active Member

Well done to you lads! Johnson is a class act and you have a good solid team.

How is Ruiz getting along? Never knew much about him before we (Newcastle) put the late bid in for him and looked him up on youtube. Looks good on there lol

12. Bidley

Bidley Well-Known Member

Thanks mate, I like the look of your side this season, hope you don't do a Blackpool! Cabaye and Tiote look quality for you.

From what I understand, Ruiz will need time to adjust and bed in. His first game was a bit of a nightmare, he looked lost. He's improving though and showing us bits of the reasons we spent £10m on him.

13. Jonas' Dance Teacher

Lol, we won't do a Blackpool. We actually have top international class players haha. Blackpool had Championship players.

Yeah Tiote-Cabaye are players who could get in any team imo. As are Taylor-Coloccini at back

Is Aaron Hughes still playing all the games for you? Love that lad. Can't believe arsehole Souness sold him for £1m. Brilliant player

14. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

With AJ dragging out signing a new contract, although I doubt we have offered him much of a pay rise if any, then I would suspect he is looking to go on a free transfer, for one last pay day. Is this the reason we are seeing him put himself in the shop window for a move in January.
    Just don't see him as being the future of Fulham strike force.

Bet QPR and WBA are kicking themselves for not signing him in the summer if rumors were true.

Strange, on the QPR Not606 there is a story saying Zamora talked to Bothroyd after and said It was our day and he'd love to play for QPR <laugh>

15. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Do you see? I told you that AJ's finishing wasn't good enough. A decent striker would have had a hat-trick today, and probably won a penalty as well... oh, wait a minute. It appears I know nothing.

16. fulhamish1977

fulhamish1977 Member

AJ's clearly been the main beneficiary of the Europa league campaign and early start to the season. Last season, for all his effort and running, he looked rusty in front of goal and 3 in 20 odd games confirms that. This year, he's got a proper pre-season behind him, scored a few in the early rounds of the Europa, and gradually started to find his goal scoring boots. It wasn't just the goals yesterday, but the AJ of last season wouldn't have connected cleanly with the volley from BZ's knock down. He's clearly brimming with confidence.

It's not been mentioned anywhere, but can anyone remember the last time before yesterday Johnson scored a league goal at home? I'm pretty sure it was during the 2008/9 season. All three last year were away (Villa, Wolves, Wigan) and he didn't manage a league goal the season before.

17. Bidley

Bidley Well-Known Member

Aaron Hughes is having a bit of a funny one since Jol came in. I'd still prefer to see him partner Hangeland but he's been covering RB a lot this season. I think he's injured now? Agreed though, he's been great for us, solid.

18. Jonas' Dance Teacher

Really reliable, solid player. Played right back majority of time for us but is definetly better at centre back!