1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Adkins Confident of Securing Wilson Loan

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by SydneyTiger14, Apr 17, 2018.

1. SydneyTiger14

SydneyTiger14 Well-Known Member

2. look_back_in_amber

look_back_in_amber Well-Known Member

ImperialTiger and balkan tiger like this.
  3. SydneyTiger14

Nigel Adkins is refusing to give up hope of welcoming Harry Wilson back to the KCOM Stadium next season after seeing the on-loan winger help guide Hull City to the cusp of survival.

The Tigers are expected to safeguard their Championship status once and for all this weekend and few have played a more influential role down the season’s final straight than Wilson.

Signed on loan from Liverpool during the final hours of the January window, the 21-year-old has scored five goals in eight starts and also weighed in with three assists.

Wilson’s dazzling impact has given the youngster encouragement to press his claims for a place in Jurgen Klopp’s plans during pre-season training but Adkins is leaving the door open for a return to East Yorkshire.

“The four lads who have been on loan have done great but they’ll go back to their parent clubs and do their pre-season with them,” said Adkins, who has also called up the services of Chelsea loanees Michael Hector, Ola Aina and Fikayo Tomori. “They’ll decide if they’re going to stay in the first-team group or, as they should do, go and get vital match experience in the Championship.

“I’d love that to be at Hull City because I’d like to think the clubs can see that the work we do with them gives them the opportunity to develop.

“I’d like to think we’ve got a good track record for helping players develop.”

Asked where he thought Wilson would ply his trade next season, a smiling Adkins added: “I think he’ll be playing for Hull City in the Championship but that’s me being positive.”

Wilson arrived at the KCOM Stadium having made just eight appearances in his senior career but a bright reputation earned during his upbringing at Anfield has now been projected across the Championship.

Each of his five goals have helped to inspire precious victories for the Tigers and now the inevitable fear is that any attempts to sign Wilson up for a second loan spell would face stiff competition. Adkins must hope this season’s experience will work in City’s favour but he already believes he will have to be patient when it comes to landing any Premier League youngsters on loan.

“Because of the World Cup coming up, I would imagine that all of the Premier League teams, especially the top ones, have a host of internationals away and to make sure they fulfil their pre-season commitments, a lot of the young players who are currently out on loan will stay with them,” said Adkins.

“That gives the manager a chance to look at them and decide whether they’ll stay with the first team squad or go out and play, because that’s what they need to do.

“They need to play to develop rather than sitting on the bench and playing one game here and there. There’s a lot of young lads out there who’ve got exceptional talent. Sometimes they’ve got to be put in an environment and given the opportunity.”

look_back_in_amber likes this.
  4. hullborn

hullborn Well-Known Member

He's just being a grinning optimistic idiot. We'd all love Wilson to be back here next season but the reality is he'll be in the Prem, either with Liverpool or somebody else.

5. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Just wishful thinking, there’s no way Liverpool have already decided where he will be next season.

6. SydneyTiger14

They might already be making noise about their thoughts though, who knows.

Along the lines of, "We want to be sending him to a PL club or a strong Championship club.. show some intent for promotion and we'll consider it" etc. Who knows. We must have credits in the bank over Robbo, and they'd surely want him playing most weeks at a competitive club.

7. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Shame on Adkins talking up the club, his team and the work his staff do with players. Disgraceful.

8. balkan tiger

balkan tiger Well-Known Member

"Who Knows" no ****er that's who.

Last season when we were sure to get the first and best pick of Chelsea's kids the story for the delay was that they all have to be with their own club for the pre season, then they can decided who to keep and who to loan out. It's a complete non story, oh and your last line gives it away.

9. pudseytiger

pudseytiger Well-Known Member

Would love to see Wilson return, but can't see that happening if he doesn't stay at Liverpool, i can see him going to a bottom half PL team.

10. pudseytiger

pudseytiger Well-Known Member

Adkins also states in another article in the HDM today, he wants to bring Hector back as well:emoticon-0107-sweat

11. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

No chance Nigel, but there's no harm in trying.

12. newlandcasual

newlandcasual Well-Known Member

i wouldn't want the Chelsea loan players back, that's for sure.

13. armchairfan

armchairfan Well-Known Member

It's most likely a HDM engineered story (slow news day I guess), and Adkins is saying what you'd expect from the club's perspective. I'd always consider the interviewer in a an interview as well as the manager. It was interesting getting a different perspective on the Massive board when someone mentioned hearing Adkins being fed nasty questions in his early days here and him responding positively (much to the interviewer's annoyance I expect, as no doubt he wanted to wind him up).

14. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

I'd take them all. Aina's improvement over the course of the season has been very good, Hector just needs to be consistent and Tomori gives depth. Sadly, I think we only have a chance of getting Hector permanently. The rest will either be on loan or go somewhere else.

15. Plum

Plum Well-Known Member

I'd take all three back either as loans or permanents at the right price, Aina especially. We won't have alternatives lining up to come to the madhouse that's Hull City Tigers AFC.

16. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

Especially not internationals with good pedigrees.

tigerincanada likes this.
  17. citycityhull

citycityhull Well-Known Member

If we can get Hector for less than £3m he is worth a go.
    Think we have a good chance with Aina, he has played a hell of a lot of games and think he knows he would get more. Pointless been at Chelsea next season, wont get a game.
    Tomori won' be coming back, not played enough.
    I think we could have a good shout at Wilson, again played games, in a similar position he would at An ield. Sure Klopp will want him playing regular ready for 2019/20.

As OLM said, we won't know until after pre-season.

18. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

I'd look at buying Aina if possible. Huge potential. But needs to play games and get experience.

Chubs akpom has played in ten games for Brighton and four for a Belgian side in the two years since he left us. Wasted potential.

dennisboothstash likes this.
  19. GEvans76

GEvans76 Well-Known Member

Well said.
    And remember some on here hoped we would get relegated.

20. Deano's Volley

Deano's Volley Well-Known Member

His contract is up at Chelsea so he wont cost a thing. Personally I think hes a shocking defender but cant see us spending any money getting anyone else in so him on a free isn't the end of the world.

TwoWrights and bum_chinned_crab like this.