1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Adebayo Akinfenwa Confirms WWE Talks

Discussion in 'Wycombe' started by Ron, Apr 27, 2021.

1. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

upload_2021-4-27_14-19-6.png

Speaking on the UMM YouTube Channel (as picked up on by Give Me Sport), Akinfenwa explained how he’s already making plans for his post-football career.

Admitting he has no interest in taking up a managerial or coaching role once he hangs up his boots, the powerhouse explained how he’s currently talking to LA-based producers about “a couple of movie projects”, before then revealing his WWE talks.

“There are also talks with WWE. I reckon I’d be a good wrestler. I’ve always been able to live my life where nobody has put me in a box, so that’s how it is. I’m excited about the future.”
    Nicknamed the Beast, 38-year-old Akinfenwa began his career in Lithuania before moving to the Welsh Premier League with Barry Town. From there, the striker soon moved on, going on to ply his trade for Boston Utd, Leyton Orient, Rushden & Diamonds, Doncaster Rovers, Torquay, Swansea, Millwall, Northampton, Gillingham, Northampton again, Gillingham again, AFC Wimbledon and now Wycombe – where he’s been since 2016.

Adebayo has made his WWE fandom known at several points over the years, and it looks like he’s now eyeing up a wrestling career for himself. The forward did clarify that he intends to continue playing for one more year before calling time on his football career.

2. mowgli1960

mowgli1960 Well-Known Member

Surely his dodgy knee will stop him from doing that.

3. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

The wrestling or playing one more year; or both?

4. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

He's played for Wycombe. He'll spend far to much time on the floor.....................

5. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Last time I saw him on the floor he fell on the player who brought him down. Poor sod got crushed

6. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

7. philhythe

philhythe Well-Known Member

I remember I think it was against Doncaster he got nutted on the back of the head we had a penalty in the last 5mins won the game 3-2, the defender got carried off about 5mins later, he might have been sent off as well

Ron likes this.