1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Ade Pennock Gills new manager

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by GFCSTU, Jan 4, 2017.

1. GFCSTU

GFCSTU Member

Ade Pennock announced this evening as the new Gills manager. I for one think this is a great move and hope to see some passion and fight back in the team. Good Ade.

brb likes this.
  2. AshfordGill

AshfordGill Active Member

Am I alone in completely underwhelmed by these appointments? I loved Aidy as a player and I hope he does a fantastic job as manager but that's more in hope than expectation

The Gills PegLeg likes this.
  3. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

I think he is actually Head Coach, I know that sounds like splitting hairs but the roles are different. He won't have any responsibility for signing new players, it's only the training and match days that he has to worry about.

4. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

I should have also mentioned the return of Lovell, I still think it was when Jed sacked him that our demise started.

5. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

Pennock was at the Oxford game. He will have seen the rubbish that we've had on so many occasions. He will have seen lack of ideas, commitment - passion and little effort. I don't expect Pennock to have a magic wand or perform miracles . Gills won't suddenly become world beaters - we will lose games in the future ( we are only Division 3 ) - but I hope that we can show some passion, pride and fight in the performances - regardless of result.

brb likes this.
  6. KFG

KFG Active Member

Pennock was not my choice,but as I do with all managers I will back him, Day & Lovell.The deal is only until the Summer so they will surely be doing their utmost to earn a longer deal.Hopefully the players will all work hard to still make it a positive season.

7. gillspb

gillspb Active Member

Absolutely delighted Ade has got the job, he clearly loves the club and with Lovell and Day I think they will do well. Loved his interview especially when he said he likes wingers! Really hoping for some better attacking football. I know he has no football league management experience but everyone has to start somewhere and when you look at some of the football managers who regularly get sacked and get another job straight away aka Pardew, Alladyce, Warnock, etc it's nice for someone young and new to get an opportunity, good luck Ade football genius!

8. allbluelenny

allbluelenny Well-Known Member

I am another who thinks JED had more than his fair chance,
    Mr S has said it is the most expensive side there has ever been and Pre season his thoughts were on promotion.
    So WHY have we got a non league manager and back room staff, surely he should have set his sights higher.
    Or he has been put in charge with the hope that we do not get relegated and assign the position to a higher rated manager for next season so long as his thoughts are still on promotion allowing him to sell the club, which where we are now no one would want to purchase.
    Happy New Year to all UTG

9. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

There does as always, appear to be a split of opinion over whether this is a good move or not, some people are talking about his non-league credentials in management, yet he is not the manager. With his position of Head Coach, we should be looking at his coaching credentials in the premiership, I for one feel this is worth giving it a try and with the short term nature of the contract believe it's a win/win situation.

Gil Lingam likes this.
  10. gioblues

gioblues Well-Known Member

not expecting a massive upturn in points but hopefully better style of football which will keep us in the division. Good luck Ady hope he does well as a real Gillingham man.