1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Adam johnson

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Apone, Oct 27, 2011.

1. Apone

Apone Active Member

Go get him Bruce......

http://sport.uk.msn.com/football/news/mancini-critical-of-johnson-attitude

ESPN staff, www.espn.co.uk, Updated: 27/10/2011
    Mancini critical of Johnson attitude
    Tweet

Getty Images

Adam Johnson scored one and made one against Wolves
    Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini has told winger Adam Johnson he must change his attitude if he is to realise his potential.

Mancini made the comments after watching Johnson star in City's 5-2 Carling Cup win over Wolves on Wednesday, in which the England international scored one and created one.

But despite Johnson's attacking contribution, Mancini was less than impressed with his defensive efforts, particularly for Wolves' second of the game.

Mancini said: "Sometimes he thinks, 'Okay, in this game I scored one goal, I did an assist, that is enough.' I think Adam, because he is young, can improve a lot. He needs to think in a different way. He needs to think, 'I scored one goal, I did one assist, I should continue because I want to score another goal and another assist, and run back to defend.'

"He can do this if he wants. My opinion is this, he has everything to become one of the top wingers. Adam is young, he is in his third season in the Premier League. I am disappointed when he doesn't put everything on the pitch. Tonight he played well, but for the second goal Wolves scored, he never followed his opponent.

"Adam is the only one winger we have in the team. He cannot play every game, it is impossible, but if he wants to improve, he can have a lot of chances to play."

For more on Football, visit ESPNsoccernet.com

2. Steven Royston O'Neill

Steven Royston O'Neill Well-Known Member

I would cry out loud with joy, I fear my tears will remain dry

3. Apone

Apone Active Member

You're probably right Syd, little to no chance of it IMO

4. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

He played in the City reserves that walloped Wolves, god help them against their first team at the weekend.

Adam Johnson would walk into most other prem teams, i just wish he'd walk into ours.

5. newtonlee2

newtonlee2 Member

it won't happen

not on the money he's on at city and he still gets played enough to satisfy his appetite

6. CyprusMackem

CyprusMackem Active Member

Didn't he get man of the match???
    This Mancini bloke has a lot to learn about building a Football team...<whistle>

7. Johnny Johnson

I would be happy for us to break the bank on this lad. He is a great player,looks to have great attitude and most of all he wants to play football. I agree i don't think we will get him but it might be worth a try. Let's splash some of the cash we have brought it. We could offer them Gyan !!!!

8. MrRAWhite

MrRAWhite Well-Known Member

I find it a crying shame that players such as him are not playing in the Premiership week in week out..it tells me that there is something seriously wrong with the way the game is going when a club can leave top drawer footballers in their reserve teams...

9. cuteybuns

cuteybuns Active Member

I agree in principle MrRAW. I'd like players of that calibre playing every week, too. But the rich clubs have always done this. When Tommy Wright retired, Sunderland - then the Bank of England club - simply brought a young N. Ireland international out of the reserves to replace him. His name was Billy Bingham. Billy got his first cap playing for Sunderland reserves.

Players, and especially young players, will always choose the big glamour clubs, and the chance to rub shoulders with the top international names already there. It's always been like that.

10. Bigjohnsafc

Bigjohnsafc New Member

So far deluded you lot, it's UNREAL

11. MrRAWhite

MrRAWhite Well-Known Member

Have you actually read the threads...I don't think there is anyone seriously suggesting we are going to get him...

12. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

please log in to view this image

13. Gil T Azell

Gil T Azell Well-Known Member

I think getting him depends on ES ambitions. We could push the boat out and imo get him.
    Does AJ want money, trophies or playing time. If he was willing to take a cut in wages I believe we could be a viable proposition.

14. cuteybuns

cuteybuns Active Member

Money and trophies. If your career was going to be over at 35, what would you want, Gil? He won't come here - count on it.

15. Gil T Azell

Gil T Azell Well-Known Member

I agree its a small chance and I can understand where your coming from CB, but and its a big BUT, if Mancini doesnt like him and AJ allegedly said he didnt want to be on the bench there is hope.

16. Dorset

Dorset Well-Known Member

It sounds to me that as long as Manchini is manager of City Adam Johnson will never be a first team regular. AJ will eventually get frustrated with limited game time, which will make him want to move on to a club that will play him week in, week out.

As long as none of the other top six sides come in for him when he asks for a transfer or is transfer listed, we have as good a chance as anyone else to sign him.

17. Shacksnutmeg

Shacksnutmeg Member

I dont want t dampen peoples hopes and I know this may sound like a my work mate mates is best mate with Adam Johnson crap but It's true. Johnson has just signed a new 5 yr contract worth 90k a week basic and he also gets an extra £25k every time he plays for the city first team. It would take one hell of an offer to get him to sign.

18. David Moyes' Stupid Face

David Moyes' Stupid Face Well-Known Member

There are different ways to read into what Mancini is saying there. I took it the same way as premierleague.com evidently have:

http://www.premierleague.com/page/Headlines/0,,12306~2495749,00.html

i.e. Mancini believes he will be a top player in the near future and is challenging him to be the best he can be. He's at the top club in the country, playing quite regularly (a few appearances in the league and a lot of cup gametime), he's only young, and the manager has publicly come out and says he will be one of the best players in the world if he applies himself...

Why the **** would he come to us?

19. Sidthemackem

Sidthemackem Newcastle United 0-1 Cambridge United
    Staff Member

Let's face it: they're genuine contenders for the Prem and will be in the CL while we're struggling for mid-table. I know he's a fan, but stupid he ain't.

The wages are out of our reach as well.