1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Adam Barton

Discussion in 'Preston' started by Pottermouth 328, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Pottermouth 328

Pottermouth 328 Well-Known Member

Stoke fan in peace all Preston fans.

It's seem's checking Stoke's board today that, we are interested in Adam Barton. I must admit and excuse my ignorance.
    But, me included we don't seem to know just how highly rated Adam Barton is. I seem to remember watching a Sky game and he was one of the Preston player's who did very well.

All views/oppinions please. And, I don't honestly know where this story came from. But as they say, no smoke without fire.

Thanks in advance and good luck for the rest of the season.

Pott's

2. themaclad

themaclad Well-Known Member

He's a good prospect still raw but will be quality in time suspect if you give us a couple of million he will be gone

3. Moe Lester

Moe Lester New Member

Will drive him to Stoke myself. Overrated shirker.

4. Mooney

Mooney New Member

Excellent player; trouble is, in a poor team, talented players, especially young ones, seem to become easy targets for armchair critics. I've been playing and watching football for many years and have to say Spid is one of the most naturally taleented ball players I've seen. He has a hell of an eye for a pass, great touch and composure on the ball and isn't afraid of a tackle. Down sides? He's raw, sometimes doesn't know what to do when we haven't got the ball - (bad coaching?) And he tires towards the end of games. That said, he's grown about 4 inches in the past 18 months so no wonder! Honestly I despair of PNE supporters and their attitude towards home grown players. Just because a lad comes through the ranks, we seem to slate them. McKenna spent years getting criticised. As soon as he left, we fell apart. Mayor, Lonners, Cartwright and now Barton seem to be the fall guys.

5. Moe Lester

Moe Lester New Member

Not sure what you have been watching, but other than the Burnley away game he has done nothing.

He shirks out of tackles, and he gives the ball away too often. If you attended the Barnsley game (which I did) you would have seen his poor passing on show. He was also at fault for the goal for not going in for the ball which he could easily have won.

The lad has some talent, don't get me wrong. However, he is massively overrated which is why he isn't in the starting line up.