1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Acrington Stanley v Leeds a must win

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by sniffer1, Jan 25, 2023.

1. sniffer1

sniffer1 Well-Known Member

Well we now know it's going to be accrington Stanley v Leeds on saturday in the 4th round of the FA Cup , accrington sit 20th in League 1 they have lost this last month to barnsley , morecambe drew with Lincoln so this is a must win game for marsch if we lose this match my patience has run out with him , your thoughts on tactics , and players who should play etc .
    https://www.skysports.com/accrington-stanley-results

2. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Just play our strongest team and repeat the Cardiff replay performance. No pressure <whistle>

Makemstine Roger and sniffer1 like this.
  3. sniffer1

And above all we need to be determined to win and not go onto the pitch thinking we can easily beat a league 1 side as sometimes happens with Leeds, I have been at such a match , it was Leeds v Wolves and they were below half way in 2nd division and Leeds were in the top league at that time division 1 and what happened wolves won 0-1 and it was the quarter final of the FA CUP

Eireleeds1 and Makemstine Roger like this.
  4. sniffer1

Just to follow on from the Leeds v Wolves game , in 1998 when leeds lost 0-1 in the quarter final of the fa cup , leeds went in at half time 0-0 and I thought 2nd half leeds would come out all guns blazing but no , leeds were larfargic and this went on until the 85th minute , and wolves scored in 2nd half , leeds suddenly woke up and realized we were going to get knocked out leeds then ran everywhere trying to score and within 2 mins leeds got a penalty which was blasted over the bar and then did not get another chance and lost , it was so frustrating as we could of easily beaten wolves. So let's hope leeds storm accringtin stanley for 90 + mons and win.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2023
  5. leeds down south

leeds down south Well-Known Member

Need to refresh your memory a bit ;)

sniffer1 likes this.
  6. sniffer1

Thanks mate , yes looking back memory little bit faded 0-0 at half time but the final score still the same , at the time I did not think leeds had that many chances but they did , how leeds did not win that match I don't know but I was sickened at end of it , one of the most frustrating matches I have had the unfortunate chance to go to see , I was put off going for awhile after that but it's a revolving door and Leeds are back in premier league so we have a chance of winning trophies again. Come on Leeds !

leeds down south likes this.
  7. leeds down south

leeds down south Well-Known Member

Keeper wanted some credit for the pen save too <laugh>

8. sniffer1

Sorry I can't that game gutted me for a long time as leeds could of been in semi final we would of played arsenal in semi if we won that newcastle in final what a chance we f.cked up on

Last edited: Jan 30, 2023