1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Accrington away

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, Feb 9, 2021.

1. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Been waiting for sensible to do this...

.From what is being said....they have the pitch covered.....although the kick-off has been brought forward to 5.30pm they think the temperature will already be below freezing on the pitch at kick=off time....so will the Ref be happy that the match would go through to full-time.....I assume the team traveled up yesterday....could it be off for a second time ?

Sorry I seem to have a triple post situation.....deleted two.....:shocked:.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2021
  2. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

I've paid my £10.....

3. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

I'm sorry notDistant they won't play just because you've paid your tenner.....the players safety comes first.

4. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

See plym thats why I do it normally. Actually I did forget so well done. I don't want you forming opinions if you do get to watch this notdistant and even if you do don't go posting them on here or you will upset some folk (apparently). I poked my nose outside about an hour ago and it was bleddy freezing cold here and we are almost in the South of France compared to Accrington. If they play then I don't envy the players for this one.

5. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Took me 45 minutes to dig the car out and get it available for our weekly outing.....to the supermarket.....we don't want them going broke do we.

Game still seems to be on....remember 5.30pm kick-off.

6. notDistantGreen

I remember playing for my school at HMS Raleigh in the snow once... I mean actually snowing. It's surprising how it sticks to you when you run through it. It was possible to differentiate between us and them if they were facing away from you but face to face it was basically whites versus whites.

7. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Hope the game is on....reports that Accrington have 2 or 3 star players out tonight....injuries and a ban.....promising.

8. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Blimey you have a good memory notdistant.........................(boom boom)

9. notDistantGreen

Well of course we had our team caps to keep our heads warm. I still have the boots are wore that day.

please log in to view this image

10. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Have those bother boots got steel toe caps ?

11. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Cooper, Watts, Opoku, Aimson, Fornah, Grant, Moore, Camara, Mayor, Ennis, Jephcott.

Subs
    McCormick, Hardie, Reeves, Lolos, Lewis, Woods, Law.

So Ennis starts....should be interesting.

12. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

0-0...H/T.....reasonable even first half.

On 24mins Ennis... four yards out with an empty goal in front of him...skies it over the bar....how did he manage that.

The marking has looked rather lax at times...but we have so far got away with it.

No commentary for the first 20 minutes....then it seems someone filled in for awhile....and then after 25 minutes some form of commentary....a bit of a shambles for £10's worth....not good enough.

13. notDistantGreen

Not a great half from Argyle. Exposed down our RHS. Aimson or Moore?

14. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

0-1...F/T......Ennis 51mins makes amends for his first half cock-up.......Argyle keep a clean sheet at Accrington....some desperate defending at times....but Accrington didn't impress me with all their huffing and puffing...and our breakaways could have brought another goal.

Michael Cooper MOTM...a few good saves kept a clean sheet.

15. notDistantGreen

Very poor game, scrappy, but a welcome result.

16. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I don't want to force this opinion on anyone but if you want to disagree then please do so with no repercussions. How on earth anyone could have played anything decent on that pitch I really don't know. That game was a nailed on "could be anyone's" because it certainly wasn't one for the purists. We looked desperate at times but then so did Accrington. They just pumped the ball heavenward and hoped and we missed it sometimes but did enough. Ennis should have been shot at halftime and then made up for it in the second half. They, that is Accrington. looked like us when they gave the goal away. It was certainly a nail biter for the last 20 minutes. Didn't go much on the Ref to be fair. Bit picky at some times and then let some blatant fouls go. It was almost as if he was playing for a draw...... Right at the end when they were pressing for the last attack he let the clock go on and on. As soon as we got the ball and were legging it up the pitch with their Keeper still in our box he blew for time. Naughty boy. My MOM tonight by a country mile was Cooper.

17. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Watched Accrington's manager John Coleman's post-match interview.....the further into it he got the more he started blubbering about his Accrington team playing their best football of the season.....you had the feeling at the end that the whole world and its mother had it against Accrington in every conceivable way....he felt that Opoku hitting one of his players in the face was diabolical....when you consider the height difference in the two players involved...his players head was the same height as Opoku's arms so there could well be adjacent to each other in a tussel....it took his player a couple of seconds to switch on to going down because it was a great position for a free kick.

18. notDistantGreen

Laughable really isn't it?

I thought they were decent at Home Park playing 3:5:2. Statistically we battered them but gave them 2 goals. Nevertheless, it's only goals that count and you could argue a draw was fair overall given they played some good stuff.

Last night, they reverted to 4:3:3 and I thought they were dreadful, agricultural at best. Statistically they battered us but once again, it's only goals that count. Yes, Cooper had to make some good saves but Coleman seems to forget Ennis should have scored after 25 minutes when he hit a shot over the bar when it would have been much easier to score. If that's is the best they can play, they don't deserve to be in this league.

19. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Isn't being in the top half of division one the dizzy heights for Accrington's whole history....maybe it's because they're used to play on an ice rink of a pitch and benefit through their experience of local Rec park conditions.......:emoticon-0108-speec.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2021
  20. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I really don't see that plym. When they played us at home park they were arguably the best side I had seen this season. Our pitch is premiership standard pretty much. They played really good football. Their pitch last night was awful and they resorted to hoofing it because it was not a pitch you could pass it about with any certainty. We did the same. According to Lowe the pitch was pretty much frozen by the end of the game. It was certainly bobbly and I commented more than once about an irregular bounce or roll on it. Not a night to pass firmly back to your keeper. It was a lottery game which either side could have won with a flue goal. For once it was us.