1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Accounts publication

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Blaknamberblood, Nov 21, 2011.

1. Blaknamberblood

Blaknamberblood Well-Known Member

I`ve been seeing a few of the Premiership Clubs posting their annual accounts (OMG at Man City !!!), quick question, but does this just apply currently to the Premiership Clubs around this time of the year or do all clubs have to publicise their annual accounts now. Would make interesting reading for us, given the outgoings and subsequent incomings, would like to see what sort of Financial shape we`re in currently, and how close we are to actually breaking even.

2. RicardoHCAFC

RicardoHCAFC Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

We're miles off breaking even because McShane, Olofinjana, anything we're still paying towards Ghilas, and anything Bullard gets from the disciplinary process is on top of our budget.

Accounts wise every company in the country has to submit them within 9 months of THEIR year end (or 6 months depending on whether it's a Plc or an Ltd). Generally football clubs the year end is the end of July, probably originally chosen as it falls between the seasons so it's a natural break in the business where it makes sense to have the end of year figures, ours have been published in January/February time.

(Amongst others) Petersaxton next time he's on can probably tell you more about when ours are due out though because I know from asking him about them on 606 that he pays attention to these things.

3. mussiesredhat

mussiesredhat Active Member

i d like to know if we still owe the £45 million (or whatever it is)? Are the Allams now the creditors instead of Investec, or is the debt gone from our accounts?

4. Enfield_Tiger

Enfield_Tiger Member

5. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Our accounts do indeed run to 31st July, so I wouldn't expect them too soon, mine run to March 30th and I haven't signed them off yet.

6. RicardoHCAFC

Forum Moderator

But I wouldn't do that until the new ones come out. Thanks to the takeover/the Allams 'investment' those accounts are totally meaningless now.

7. petersaxton

petersaxton Well-Known Member

30th of March? Not 31 March?

8. petersaxton

petersaxton Well-Known Member

The accounts for one season are usually submitted near the end of the next season so they are always old news. I wish the football authorities would insist that the accounts were submitted quickly.

9. RicardoHCAFC

Forum Moderator

I was just meaning that before the takeover we could use previous accounts to try to work out where things were going to be using assumed incomes/expenses without being too far off. Because of the takeover there's a £40M+ question mark over our where our finance has come from so the previous accounts don't even allow for estimates of our position. Waiting on the new accounts at least the SoFP will be post takeover.

It would be nice if all businessses submitted them earlier than they do, other than because they can take that long is there a reason it takes so long for companies to prepare them? It just strikes me as something that could be largely completed by the finance department as the year went on, with just any final adjustments to be made at the year end.

10. andy payton's mullet

andy payton's mullet Well-Known Member

I believe that the club does still owe the monies. At Companies House there are details of a charge registered in favour of the Allams' company's loan. There is nothing filed to say that the loan has been repaid.

The loan is repayable on demand (although Rollits did not state the amount loaned on the form). The loan is secured by way of first mortgage over Cottingham training ground, Ideal Standard Sports Ground and the club shop in Princes Quay. It is also secured by way of first fixed charge over properties acquired by the club in the future; present and future interests of the club; present and future rights, licences, guarantees etc; all licences, consents and authorisations; present and future goodwill; and all equipment (although equipment is not defined).

11. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

The club shop's a funny one to have on that list, it's not actually worth anything at all.

12. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

Indeed, that should have read 31st March.

13. andy payton's mullet

I suspect that the underlease could be sold to another tenant to recoup some money. I'm not sure what underleases for units in Princes Quay are worth?

14. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

Naff all, that was my point, if anything it's a liability, rather than an asset.

15. andy payton's mullet

Ah ok. Does seem strange

16. mussiesredhat

mussiesredhat Active Member

as a comparative simpleton do we therefore read that all future capital gains are in the Allams coffers, even if the club goes pop. Prefered creditors so to speak?

17. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

Based on the properties used to secure the loan, the loan can't be very big, so I assume it's the £10m in debt guarantees that they said they'd taken over when they bought the club. That being the case, then the £30m must have gone in as cash, rather than a loan, which is the way it was put across when the club was bought.

18. andy payton's mullet

Depends on the terms of the debenture/loan. It is repayable upon demand so arguably yes. Using OLM's figures, if we sold a player for £10mill they could demand repayment.

If the club went pop they are a secured creditor (there's no such thing as a preferential creditor anymore) so, arguably, any debt to them is safe.

19. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

It depends on what you consider their debt to be, they are safe on the the £10m in guarantees, but there's nowhere near enough assets to cover the other £40m they've put in, so there's no chance of it going pop.

20. andy payton's mullet

Good point. The next accounts may shed more light on it - the other £30-£40mill would presumably be recorded in some way, possibly as a directors' loan or long-term creditor?