1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Abraham?

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by luvgonzo, Jul 12, 2017.

1. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Will he play much this coming season?

2. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

Llorentes age and physique means he probably wont play a full season so there will be opportunities for Abraham. Its in the 'small print' anyway isn't it, that he plays?

My view is, if we want to take risk on kids we should be looking to our own academy, particularly our very successful U23's. It's a big step up from U23's to the prem but no bigger than stepping up from Bristol City, where Abrahams played one season, to the prem.

I rely don't like this deal at all because we are the only party carrying any risk.

Chelsea get a whole season to assess their player in the prem without spending any time, effort or taking any risk by playing him. they can just sit back and watch.

Abraham gets to showcase his talents, again without risk, as he can blame us if it all goes pair shaped and go back to Chelsea at the end of the season regardless.

Our part of the deal is to carry all the risk as it is us who are giving a kid, an unproven academy player who is learning his trade a vital role in our story next season. The success of every football team ultimately depends on whether they can score goals. Everything depends on that so, in our infinite wisdom, we are sharing this vital role between an experienced, proven, yet injury prone striker, who it is doubtful will be able to play all of the season and an utterly inexperienced academy prospect from another club.

When Llorente goes down our entire success on the pitch will be down to a kid. He may have banged a few in in the Championship, for one season only, but scoring in the prem is another matter and I doubt he's experienced enough to reach double figures. If we are to do well next season we'll need him to do that and I just don't see it.

Hope I'm wrong but I'm concerned that we've got the balance wrong up front and if anything happens to the experienced Llorente, I just don't think a trainee is the answer.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
    ValleyGraduate12 and luvgonzo like this.
  3. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

Think that depends on LLorente for me and if he goes whether who we brings in is a success. See him as being our 2nd choice striker, but inevitably even if LLorente stays he will get injured or need resting so he will get some game time how much for me will depends on how he performs when he gets his chance. Doesn't really answer the question does it.

Stumpy and luvgonzo like this.
  4. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

I'm looking at him as a cheap option in my fantasy team, he seems highly rated so thought he might be worth a punt.

5. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

I'm worried already

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...wanseas-tour-of-united-states-with-broken-arm

6. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

7. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

He won't be starting the season because of a bike accident injury .

8. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

What the ****?

9. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

Feels like there's something in the air re Llorente

First he breaks his arm, then reports back a day late, then we're told he's ok and its not a serious break, but then he's not going on pre season tour, then we're told he's training on his own and told again 'its not a bad break' and 'it wont interfere with his training' but now we're hearing stories that he may miss the start of the season.

Maybe.....the rumors that, as part of the deal with Chelsea, Abraham has to start a significant number of games are true and Llorentes pissed off and that's why Siggy will change his mind and want to leave us ..... :emoticon-0104-surpr

<laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh>

Only kidding, just a WTF conspiracy theory for ****s and giggles but, re Llorente, it does feel all wrong though don't it ????

Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
  10. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

So Abraham has broken his arm?

11. seabreeze

I thought that when Abraham signed , but the injury might have quashed Chelsea interest in Llorente .... Enter Bony if Llorente does go , if the price is right through hard feelings ( I assume ) between him and Man City .

12. seabreeze

Sorry , I thought you were talking about Llorente ..lol

luvgonzo likes this.
  13. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

I can see how the thread title could be confusing.

trundles left foot and Stumpy like this.
  14. seabreeze

sixty four going on sixty senile ... first couple of posts seemed to be about llorente , just didn't put it together with the less than obvious thread title ... ahem .

luvgonzo likes this.
  15. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

Abraham has to play but we still need another striker and if we pay a significant amount of money on him then he should be first choice over a loan player getting game time for another clubs benefit.....He should get 10 to 12 starts nevertheless.....We dont know if he is premiership standard yet but he did well in the championship...

swans-m and Stumpy like this.