1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

A Tale of 10 Games and 9 Points.

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by wizered, Jan 25, 2011.

1. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Bristol City's last 10 games with Millen as manager, W2,D3,L5,goals for 9,against 17.....what a disgraceful,dismal set of figures.:smiley-finger007:

Something is going seriosly wrong,ah I know let's all go and watch a DVD and have a happy clappy meeting,all will be well.:cry:

2. Lan Logger

Lan Logger Well-Known Member

i got an idea, lets buy a creative midfielder and a decent leftback. But naa clearly we won't.

3. National N1

National N1 Active Member

As the tranfer window is now coming to its end, I do hope we dont go out and rush sign somebody

It seems to me that we have missed out on what ever players that we were targetting, Ive never quite understood the clubs policy of late where they seem to sign players very late on in the window we did this in the summer with, hunt, james,stewart,stead,pitman and to a lesser extent the 2 irish lads

Most other clubs had already done most of there buisness long before the week before the season started! And i think it effected how we started the season!

4. Dudibob

Dudibob New Member

I think Milly was trying to make room for some new faces and then when there was room everyone wanted daft prices, including the initial loan fee hence Milly's rant.

We are in desperate need of a creative midfielder and a left back but seems like it might be the summer now :(

5. National N1

Just heard ryan harley signed for swansea on a free , and hey have loaned him back to exeter!!! til the end of the season.
    I know a few people believed he may of been a target for us

6. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Danny Haynes scores 2 for Barnsley,Matty Hill has has his conrtact terminated and left Wolves and Ryan Harley has signed for Swansea and we have still achieved ZILCH...:headbang:

7. Shinycitylad7

Shinycitylad7 Looking at the stars mate

We need a creative midfielder so badly no goals in 4 games well speaks for its self really we have the strikers there but no service come on milly atleast bring in that creative player the lb role can wait untill the summer

8. glenngregory

glenngregory Active Member

I can't help feeling we are going to finish up with nothing - like waiting until the last Dance in a Disco, only to find all the nice looking birds have been taken and you are left with a couple of munters or a walk home and a kebab with tales of what might have been.

FFS if Ipswich can be going in for Jimmy Bullard then why can't we? He would put a few hundred on the gate and is just the sort of creative midfielder who scores some sweet goals that we desperately need. And I have always been impressed by Nathan Tyson as well - if Maynard isn't coming back this season, why don't we make a move for him?

Of course I hear the 'too big a squad already' argument, but I would rather stay up and regroup in the Summer than sink into the Division of Gas (if they don't implode themselves).

9. banksyisourhero

banksyisourhero Well-Known Member

Hmmm, I love Jimmy Bullard he's a top man, but £45k a week and we would be expected to at least take a very heavy share of that. Plus our injury record on loan players is not the greatest (Vokes, Velicka to name but two)
    very risky for an already injury prone player.

Maybe not.

10. National N1

I notice we have ben linked with Richard hughes, by one of the papers i cant see it though as im certain he is a defensive midfielder and is on big wages!

11. banksyisourhero

banksyisourhero Well-Known Member

"I can't help feeling we are going to finish up with nothing - like waiting until the last Dance in a Disco, only to find all the nice looking birds have been taken and you are left with a couple of munters or a walk home and a kebab with tales of what might have been"

Sounds like a night out with Andy Gray.

12. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Yeah but he likes a microphone down his trousers,strange...:emoticon-0102-bigsm