1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

A (nearly) heartwarming football story

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by daverangers, Nov 22, 2017.

1. daverangers

daverangers Well-Known Member

Just read this on the BBC. A great story of how football and natural talent has given Moses success from a very tough start in life. Good on him.

*I am well aware this lovely story is tainted by where he has ended up, but given his start in life I can over look that for a minute or two.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/42060348

sb_73 likes this.
  2. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Good for Palace for paying for his education. I posted something on the Watford player, Richarlison, on another thread, another bloke with more (hard) life experience at the age of 16 than most of us gather in a lifetime. I wouldn’t wish these experiences on anyone, but you have to hope that the attitude which has driven these types of blokes forward and their motivation to work hard rubs off on some of their young English colleagues.

daverangers likes this.
  3. Steelmonkey

Steelmonkey Well-Known Member

Was listening to the Open All Rs podcast yesterday, and James Casling, who's story of how QPR saved his life hit the news a few months back was telling his story - and the show he did with Victoria Derbyshire has won a TV award. Another heartwarming story, and another plus for QPR in the Community.

QPR Podcast http://www.west12media.co.uk/qprpod/

seagullhoop likes this.
  4. daverangers

daverangers Well-Known Member

That impressed me too.