1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

A line Crossed

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by yorkiegit, Oct 29, 2017.

1. yorkiegit

yorkiegit Active Member

Having read Micks comments after the match regarding the fans and Celina I am raging in anger and disbelief and I believe a line has been crossed

I get it that no manager can allow the fans to pick a team BUT to openly say that he would refuse to play a player( even if it would greatly improve the teams chances) because the fans wanted it This is bloody arrogance at best and gross mismanagement at worst

ME pays the players wages not Mick and for Mick to refuse to play a player just to piss off the fans is a slap and sneer in the owners face and cannot and should not be allowed to go un punished

ME has no choice now he cannot allow himself or the greater good of the club be undermined in such a way, he has to sack Mick now for bringing the game and the club in disrepute

How dare this moron who is in a very high position of authority openly act in such a comptentious way and openly show how little respect he holds for the club the fans and the owner

No this is a line that has been crossed and ME MUST sack him now if not because of the dross that is served up every week but in order to preserve what dignity and management ethics he still hold
    And if he is not publicly rebuked or sacked then the fans should do it for him by demonstrating very vocally or even organising a boycott of certain games

This is an absolute disgrace from a manager and should not go unpunished

HE HAS TO BE SACKED NOW

itfcptc and johnnywarksmoustache like this.
  2. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

I seem to recall him expressing similar contempt for the fans before with no consequences.I expect he will be allowed to see out his contract as ME is too tight to sack him and have to pay it up.

3. yorkiegit

yorkiegit Active Member

Your right but I believe this is different because he is now openly disrespecting the owner by refusing to do the job that he has been employed to do and refusing to play a player just to piss off the fans regardless of whether that particular player would improve the teams chances is a breach of his contract

4. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

Unfortunately although I whole heartily agree with your sentiments, Mr McCarthy is coated in Teflon and he knows damn well that Evans won't sack him! The relationship between the supporters and the club has now become toxic and things won't improve until McCarthy is gone. We are crying out for leadership and direction but as we know Evans is not going to provide it. This is a very sorry state if affairs for our beloved club and the Cobbolds will be spinning in their graves right now. This isn't the football club that they built up which was squarely run for the benefit if the Town and it's community.

Mass protests are we what we need but unfortunately the majority of the good people of Suffolk are far too nice and content to sit on their hands and moan quietly on the sidelines!

5. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM Well-Known Member

It seems to me that Mick is trying too hard to be 'Mick McCarthy' rather than doing what needs to be done much like Roy Keane did whilst here, He clearly has a contract which forbids any criticism of Evans so he has to blame the fans I suspect Milne has a similar clause in his contract.

If MM worked in a pizzeria he would choose your toppings and the more you ask for pineapple the less likely he would be to put it on so **** you.

6. itfcptc

itfcptc Well-Known Member

This is definitely a line crossed for me adding to the comments he made before the match and he needs to go as soon as possible. Performances are dire and it's clear the fans want a change and Mick doesn't have much respect for the fans or love for the club.

Given this lack of respect or interest in progressing the club I get a feeling ME has a replacement lined up for the summer and agreement with Mick and his replacement is already in place. Perhaps that Dutch manager who was rumoured during the summer.

7. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

It's obvious why Mick doesn't like Phil Ham from TWTD then, he always writes up the interviews with the swear words included.
    I've watched a few of the press conferences on TWTD, Mick is always nice to Brenner, who normally starts with the questions but you can see Mick's face change when it gets to Phil's turn, he can't stand the bloke and it's clear to see.

Whilst Mick is to blame for putting himself in tough positions with his foul mouthed interviews, I can't help thinking that TWTD love to stoke the fire with the fans with the write up.

Mick should still be sacked, disgraceful behaviour!

8. Nuggets

Nuggets Well-Known Member

Talking of Phil and TWTD, when I was at the EADT on a work placement many years ago, the sports journos there didn't like Phil at all. They seemed a little snooty that he got a press pass "for that website" and they said he was annoying in press conferences. I then got to experience a press conference with EADT (Jason Ellington's unveiling, that's how old this anecdote is), and Phil's questioning was pretty blunt. I met Phil and he was friendly enough. In my sports journalism degree, we are encouraged to build a press conference with a manager gradually, easing into the tougher questions towards the end after loosening the manager up. Phil doesn't do this. He just asks questions and ruins the flow of questioning.

Another titbit of gossip for you, Stuart Watson is an Everton fan. He even had an Everton mouse mat at the office and an Everton mug.

San Diego likes this.
  9. itfcptc

To be fair Brenner never asks the difficult questions, I think he always let's Mick off the hook very lightly

Scowey, Spanish and San Diego like this.
  10. itfcptc

Glad he's apologised about his comments tw*t:emoticon-0183-swear:emoticon-0183-swear:emoticon-0183-swear

11. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

He didn't, just apologised for the swear words

12. itfcptc

I was being sarcastic

13. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

Makes sense <ok>

14. Scowey

Scowey Well-Known Member

Sunderland are on the hunt for a new manager and I'm sure Mick's name will be mentioned... not least by our own fans.

Personally I think it's wishful thinking that they'd swoop in and take him off us, but they could (and probably will) do a lot worse than taking him back to the Stadium of Light. My issue is that would probably end up with Larry Grayson in charge here.

15. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

Sunderland's problems run so deep that the club is verging on the unmanageable!! <ok>