1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic 2023 NEW START - - inflation - POST EVENT INQUIRIES ++ ARE PEOPLE GETTING Fed up?

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by realred1952, Jul 5, 2022.

1. AshtonRed

AshtonRed Well-Known Member

That’s because he promised to “level up”, which is all gone by the way side now. Unlikely they’d be fooled again either.

2. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

Do you really trust Labout to do a better job with the economy? It sends shivers down my spine just thinking about it..

Angelicnumber16 likes this.
  3. AshtonRed

They couldn’t do worse, let’s be honest.

4. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Imagine Emily Thornberry or white van woman as home secretary she is so good she reports herself...<laugh><laugh>sorry she recorded herself breaking the law to 24,ooo..What a bunch of clowns led by the biggest joker in the pack.<laugh><laugh>
    Labour’s Emily Thornberry in new social media gaffe after posting picture showing her driving 81mph on the motorway – eight years after sneering at St George’s flag on Twitter

Last edited: Oct 3, 2022
  5. realred1952

realred1952 Well-Known Member

Avon and Somerset /wiltshire as well will use Dash cam or posted images from phones to prosecute Wilts [ I think it was them ] had loads last month and posted keep sending them in!

6. oneforthebristolcity

<laugh><laugh><laugh>

7. AshtonRed

Really!!, look at the damage these two have done in two weeks, leaving the economy in their hands scares the **** out of me.

As for the damage caused by years of Austerity, even before Covid & Putins gas and oil driven crisis, Tory’s of years ago would turn in their grave, so yes, Labour couldn’t do much worse than this shower.

8. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

It may sound attractive amongst all the current turmoil but I think they are capable of much much worse because aside from raising taxes they have few other means of income
    Even now, 1% of the working population pay 30% of all income tax
    Labour would throw more billions at the NHS to appoint more inclusion and diversity managers

9. AshtonRed

It may also try to bring down A&E waiting times. Your figures above show the massive difference in wealth between the top one percent of society and the rest of us, maybe that’s part of the problem?

10. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

The Tories have only themselves for giftng the left a 30 point lead in the polls.
    Now we look forward to Ms Thornberry, Lammy, the infamous Ms Abbott and led by Capt Hindsight.
    What a bloody shambles.

Ps It's about time the NHS was 'called out' for being an incompetent never ending money pit.
    Needs a complete reconstruction.

11. AshtonRed

Waiting times to get into A&E - Horrendous, unable to get an ambulance as many queuing outside A&E, many people unable to get a GP appointment within 2 weeks, Police so few in numbers many break ins not even attended, I could go on. The Tory’s have been in power 12 years, these are all due to their policies. If Truss is so confident of her policies, put them to the public. She isn’t, so she won’t.

12. Angelicnumber16

The NHS is just a money pit which at best is competent, if you can actually see anyone or get any treatment, and at worst, downright dangerous when you look at the likes of what the Tavistock Clinic have done to youngsters.

No amount of money, ever, will make it fit for purpose at its current size. It needs tearing down and starting all over again. Those who have personal medical insurance should be able to opt out and get a tax break.

The NHS was designed for the basic health needs of the population. To cure illness, and provide rectifying surgery if needed, and that includes Dentistry. Plus maternity care, Physiotherapy, and such like.

It did not include treatments for cosmetic surgery, obesity, gender reassignments or hundreds of not thousands of hospital administrators who are earning £250k or more a year doing a desk job !

Nor did it cover Diversity and Inclusion departments all of which are an unfathomable waste of our money, when they are asking 66 year old blokes if they are pregnant because someone says that's a pertinent question or removing the word Women from Ovarian cancer links on their website. It's not, it's perverse, a waste of time and someone's pointless effort, and just makes people wondering wtf is going on.

Cut it down to a manageable size, ensure that UK residents are treated ahead of anyone else, do away with any associated unions, and get shot of the wasters and those areas that are not needed for basic treatments, and start again.

Maybe then it will be fit for purpose.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2022
  13. Angelicnumber16

No one on either side of the house has any real life or industry experience that is useful compared previous times and the woke House of Lords should be abolished.

Most of them come out of Uni and go straight into a cushy job in the city.

We have no ex captains of industry to look to for experience or guidance, and no matter who is in power, it would be exactly the same Groundhog Day under Captain Hindsight and his rag bag followers.

Nothing would change. Fishing rights, the NI protocol, Brexit, immigration etc wouldn't be sorted.

The only difference would be that Tax and NI would be raised again under Labour and as RP says the likes of Lammy, Huq and all the other idiots would be in charge.

No politician is trustworthy and all those who still support Boris such as Nadine Dorries, Grant Shapps, Michael Gove and co are worst than most, as they are basically saying what he did was ok.

Well the majority of the British people don't think it was ok.

14. oneforthebristolcity

Very well said.
    I was near enough gonna type exactly the same...You've hit the nail on the head.....the infrastructure of the whole set up needs looking at and reforming.
    Those on high wages should be encouraged to take out full medical insurance and opt for private care, unless it's an emergency.
    I also believe those self inflicted cases that burst into A+E on a Friday night (example) should be made to pay.
    I agree, non essential medical issues as you've mentioned should not be included.

Redprintt likes this.
  15. realred1952

well the yuppies got their fill and on the up now ... I missed out didnt sell quick enough [ by a day ] and now have to wait till full return to where about 12% more to climb on some ....

note to self ... dont penny pinch... £950 is better to have than £999 is also better by a mile to a low of £850!!!!

Oldsparkey likes this.
  16. realred1952

given out as a definitive during the past few days is the amount of money the 5p tax reduction was worth ... less than £2bn against the £150billion so called for energy handouts? is about 2.? % . It is arbitory how much f that per person would actually be used in the personal spend toward the economy ... like a new washing machine/ car/ etc [ hence PT or VAT..... MAYBE 30% - 40% .
    However money spent is income for others so would get taxed who would then be able to keep spending which would in turn improve or consolidate income for others .......... so would have had some effect............

Not sure if your statement is just income tax or should read , " 1% of the working population pay 30% of all income [ as ] tax a typo error!
    The majority of working households pay more than 30% closer to 48% [ Income/ PT/VAT/ Insurance type tax /etc /Car tax/ etc

17. AshtonRed

Got caught myself earlier in the year should have taken shares out at 55p, finger hovered over button didn’t , now they’re at 45p oh dear …

Oldsparkey likes this.
  18. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Basically I agree with most of your post, well said.
    I still believe in the purity and spirit of the NHS, I can not envisage anyone suffering, on a trolley for hours in some ****house corridor and an office supervisor marches up with an invoice in their paws demanding payment before they are treated, otherwise to to sod off, Access to NHS services is based on clinical need, not an individual’s ability to pay and that should remain it's holy grail to all British Citizens

19. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Sold off some underperforming Vanguard Bonds (about £6.5K's worth) back end of last week when it was all doom and gloom, and bought equities with the proceeds - Global Core, Global Small Companies and Global Emerging Countries mix. Equities were down and still dropping at the time but they don't stay down.

Bounceback yesterday in US. It continued earlier today in Asia and right now in UK and Europe - FTSE up 2% with DAX and CAC 40 up around 3%. US markets open over there about 2.30 pm BST this afternoon and the futures posted are still on the up.

I'm no Warren Buffet by a long chalk, but even small bit players like me can sometimes spot an opening.

20. realred1952

Assume typo error incompetent .. but you are right . Stated before as a courier one customer was NHS and visited many hospitals. and with grandchildren maternity wing in BRI COMPLEX. The biggest drain on resources are the number of non payers into the system, mostly immigrants that have no jobs [ waiting for asylum as "illegal" but lifestyles are far from healthy. [ do have a lot of family friends etc in NHS ]
    I could make a comment, well repeat it that one ward sister made to me in a hospital one evening ... toned down it basically stated we would be well staffed and have more than half our beds empty if it wasnt for ....................!
    She was of Indian descent BTW [ guess age about 45? ] , applied to Uni got a job as "temporary job as nursing care for 4 years doing uni, then applied to stay in UK" met her 2 or 3 times .... was not in Bristol or London or Wales ....... there is far more depth to this reply but will stop there.