1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic 2023 NEW START - - inflation - POST EVENT INQUIRIES ++ ARE PEOPLE GETTING Fed up?

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by realred1952, Jul 5, 2022.

1. AshtonRed

AshtonRed Well-Known Member

because if doesn’t fit into his agenda, he’ll now post a load of waffle in an attempt to try to justify his point. Which we all know is nonsense.

2. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Driving 6000 miles whilst looking for butterfly’s is my guess.

AshtonRed likes this.
  3. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

Well most have a tendency to lie, so nothing new there....Having the odd party (being caught was the problem there) they were all at it, most didn't have any concerns regarding covid..
    IMO......I would have kept Boris on.......again IMO it was a big mistake to have ousted him out..

Redprintt likes this.
  4. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

He’s been found to be a liar multiple times over, abd has been sacked from some previous roles before he was PM for lying and improper behaviour
    He also misled Parliament and didn’t take decisive actions early in his premiership which might have saved him later had he done so.
    His green policies in an era of high energy prices while the companies took a stealth tax of 25% on our bills that no one voted for was also wrong
    I applaud the latest attempts to build small nuclear reactors, drill for oil and open up new gas and oil fields in thx North Sea and to start fracking
    Boris, or rather Carrie didn’t want any of that
    Just my take on things

5. realred1952

realred1952 Well-Known Member

Do not be stupid, that would be totally irresponsible, worse than driving whilst drunk/ drugged or on the phone ...and I do none of these, it is eyes on the road.
    As for comments about GB .. banks .. debt it is sometimes times better to let people believe what they believe than try and flip them into an alernate reality ... as is said "everyone entitled to their own opinion

There are many with the same opinions regarding Boris, however it would still have had Rishi as chancellor.......... now that is a scenario we will never know the result of "would Rishi's DIRECTION" been any better/ worked? or was a shake up needed before we got shaken up [ like better in charge before an incident than trying to be during it]

"

6. realred1952

Ladies and gentlemen, from the ministries of misinformation the media/ liberals/ etc................. reports claimed he discussed confidential plans for the economy with financiers at a private champagne reception.

..The Conservative Party chairman [ and others at the event ] has defended the chancellor after this event, a regular one [ annually or more than once a year ?]. NO information was given out.
    [
    NOTE The slide in the £ and shares had already begun before the mini budget ]

7. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Frankly I thought BoJo was a great character, he wiped the floor with Corbyn, made Captain Hindsight look the hopeless basketcase he is, put the blush on Rayners face after constantly showing off her assets, gave Teresa May and the EU the boot, shaped world resistance against Putin, overcame the Covid pandemic, led us out of lockdown and was full of charisma and charm that out shone all of his enemies but he turned out to be a born liar, shifty, misled parliament and untrustworthy, for me that was it.

The other point being raised, being an old lag on here part of my task is to try and keep the conversations flowing, I have often admitted using the LJ factor to create interest, sometimes provoking by raising political issues, pushing peoples buttons about Bristol City strengths and weaknesses, it's needed to keep things bubbling and I intend to carry on in the same manner, it's part of the fun as long as all the rules are adhered to.

Angelicnumber16 likes this.
  8. AshtonRed

I realise all that Wiz, I merely pointed out my surprise that you didn’t realise from the off that Boris was a liar, he was at it long before he became PM

9. oneforthebristolcity

But most politicians are.. most lie regarding the parties policies from their own beliefs. Part and parcel of the job.. I never have and never will believe any of them..
    Boris became a scapegoat after being caught!!

Redprintt likes this.
  10. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

I can understand that but as others mentioned all politicians bend aspects of life to suit their points of view, look how Starmer wriggled over Saville, the Rochdale sex fury, anti - semitism in the Labour party when he was number 2 and supported Corbyn's activities, he was pro EU, now he is pro Brexit, bending his knee with Rayner over BLM, it was legal for him to have a party in Durham, they are all at it as times and situations change, I never believed BoJo would lie down to stop a 747 at Heathrow, build an airport on a Island in the River Thames or a bridge between North Ireland and Scotland I just went along with the rhetoric.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2022

11. realred1952

really weird life is and a great Wellington left hand side wiz ... A REALLY STRONG AND AMAZING list of accomplishments, not really even partly balanced by his own enclosed personal faults. A sort of Jeckel and Hyde syndrome......dont think you put the comment " a born anything before a persons failings ... " I mean were you born specifically to do what you achieved?" I know looking back over my lifetime I wasnt born with anything "specific to do!" As we all are, born to perpetuate the human race ...

12. realred1952

bit really off off topic but last 2 days belatedly the daddy long legs are rising ... flying ants were late... but swallows had a feast before they left and now the swallows miss out gives the bats a bigger share. Wont get as many in the house though as a bit colder and windows are shut!....

13. Angelicnumber16

We had what’s called a false Autumn in mid August when the temperatures dropped well below the seasonal norm, so I wonder if that’s a factor ?
    We suddenly have quite a few Daddy Long Legs here too, but our Jasmine that usually flowers in late June early July and is done by the end of August is still in flower now

14. realred1952

any butterflies on it .. or have they:emoticon-0102-bigsm flown off 6000 miles .......... :emoticon-0102-bigsm

15. Angelicnumber16

There are a few small ones still around and the occasional Bee

16. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

Boris’s downfall was CONSISTENTLY lying. He got found out - and instead of apologising (which the press and public might have gotten over in time) he squirmed and wriggled - not wanting to admit he’d lied and got caught out. He kept on denying it right until the very end.

17. oneforthebristolcity

Like most politicians, thought the rules didn't apply to him and presumed he wasn't doing wrong.....he got caught out and of course being prime minister, the media and opposition had a field day.....the limelight was on him.......Lets not be fooled, most were probably doing exactly the same!!

Redprintt and Angelicnumber16 like this.
  18. AshtonRed

As PM though you have to have higher standards and set an example. Then he made things worse just by being Boris, and try to pretend he didn’t do it. That MO had always worked in the past, but it doesn’t wash when you’re the PM

19. oneforthebristolcity

Like in football, player has character along with a skill set, flair, brilliant footballer...but has a naughty side, thinks he can get away with anything......I sort of like that (of course there's a line to be drawn, I'm not really convinced he crossed it) .....makes you different to all the rest......................Boris was that.............it's now drab like it used to be....and will get a lot worse if the other cronies get in.....
    NB.....PM is only a spokesperson anyway, rarely they make any important decisions...Boris was good at it..

Redprintt likes this.
  20. AshtonRed

Mavericks are fine, but not as PM. They are supposed to set an example to his party and in the case of the pandemic, the country. If the general public see the Pm not adhering to the rules why should they?