1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic 2023 NEW START - - inflation - POST EVENT INQUIRIES ++ ARE PEOPLE GETTING Fed up?

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by realred1952, Jul 5, 2022.

1. realred1952

realred1952 Well-Known Member

A general election needs to be called on a date in mid OCTOBER. THE PM needs to advise that upon the commencement of the summer recess the country will in the week before be told a general election will be held sometime in the middle of OCTOBER the .GOV can then in the mean time up to the recess complete any important business.

this will allow the people of the UK to make up their own destiny ... allow them to decide whats best ... or their idea of whats best.
    they have suffered the ravages of previous .gov's and the debts they have left so lets have a good 3 or 4 years of open spend spend spend and more spending and a bankrupt country in 2027 [ I dont really care a sh** as in 4 or 5 years I am likely pushing up daisies ... it will be a lesson to look out upon as the voting winners have their couple years of shangri la .... 10 YEARS AUSTERITY LAST TIME ..... HA HA HA HA that will be like a 6 month's without wages .... ........... it will sting. The MP's without jobs ... tough poooo

2. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

Can't see it.

The Tories are in a mess right now and calling for a General Election would be like Turkeys voting for Christmas.

Saf, RedorDead, AshtonRed and 4 others like this.
  3. AshtonRed

AshtonRed Well-Known Member

Genuine question, doesn’t austerity just mean people have less disposable income, the economy shrinks, less things are needed, people lose their job, then the whole cycle repeats itself. Wouldn’t the opposite work better? , obviously I’m no economist but to me it seems common sense. I know others on here will now shoot me down and call me an idiot, but that’s my thoughts, for what they’re worth.

4. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

Calling an election, no matter which way the public voted, is going to improve any of the below

1) Cost of living crisis, including food, fuel (Petrol, Diesel, domestic Gas & Elecricity) etc
    2) Education
    3) Migration (legal and illegal)
    4) Housing crisis (see point 3 above)
    5) NHS
    6) The Railways, plus the issues at Airports, on Motorways etc.

What's the point ?

5. AshtonRed

I’m guess each individual has an opinion on how best to deal with the points you raised above and can decide which Political party would deal with them in the best possible way, the alternative is a dictatorship like Russia or China.

I wasn’t being obtuse, I realised you meant neither party in your view will deal with it any better than the other, I was merely pointing out the alternative, ie dictatorship is even worse.

Imagine Boris in power and no way to get him out …….on hang on a minute, sounds familiar <laugh><laugh>

6. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

I know you weren't

From what I understand if they change the rules regarding the 1922 Committee's power, and despite Boris surviving the recent vote of (no!) confidence from his own MP's, then he could still be forced out of office soon.

He clearly isn't going to willingly stand down and do the honourable thing on his own.

Would make it even more interesting if Starmer and Rayner get fined by Durham Police, and then stick by their promises to stand down.

AshtonRed likes this.
  7. AshtonRed

See what you mean,,we could potentially have Tory’s without a leader , and Labour without a leader or deputy!! <laugh><laugh><laugh>

Angelicnumber16 likes this.
  8. realred1952

You are correct ... cor blimey!!!!!
    WHEN the .gov came to power there was debt a massive debt and the note in the treasury saying something like "best of luck no money left" and as we know the debt was MASSIVE.
    The previous .gov came to power on the back of the biggest windfall the UK has ever had massive gas and oil revenues they were the "good years" well the first 10 were ... but then it went tits up sold gold spent the lions share of the oil revenue and borrowed to finish up in massive debt .............
    Enter present .GOV in less than 10 years they turned it all around with the austerity package ... mostly labour rebelled constantly against it [ especially Corbyn ] IT ENCOMPASSED exactly what is in your quote above!

My post call it, call another General Election is cynical. The people of this country need to realise it is not PC and goody goody 2 shoes or all the ducks should line up in nice straight lines.

[ need a comparison of .gov and normal life! ] .... Going on holiday and everything you can imagine starts to go wrong in the weeks leading up to the final departure .. you forget to cancel the milk ... thought you did but didnt, packed the passports ..! packed the travellers cheques etc etc so many things on the mind and a whole family involved ... you said ... you were ... I thought it was ... etc etc etc
    In the past I have been quartermaster/ in charge of organizing expeds etc ...as the tempo builds and the info gets more and more I have made a few errors ... white lied when someone has said have you bought the rope/ or item? OF COURSEI have and out of sight on the phone ordering it or first chance down the shop to buy it etc etc etc ... luckily the no exped has failed because of lack having everything .... although the collation to get it done was often messy and off the hoof!

I would say organising a 24 day exped with up to 30 people on a scale of 1 to 10 1 being easy ... would be 1 ................ organising a whole .gov over a period of time [ maybe stretching back 5 -7 years ] would need an extension to that scale maybe 1 to 15. I have been complimented on having an amazingly good memory ... but often I do forget something and a nudge brings it to the fore ...HUMANS are HUMAN....

CYNICAL ..! ...I would like all the dissenters to suffer the pain a labour/ labour lib/dem pact would inflict on this country should they win an OCTOBER 2022 GE ... it wouldnt be whilst they were in power but what follows NOT austerity but A U S T E R I T Y even foodbanks would be austere ..................

9. realred1952

think you mean "not going to " and you are right ... most of that will not improve ... A labour .gov may be able to gloss over bits of it under the ever increasing debt we already owe before it hits the tipping point and the downward spiral begins. at lightening speed .........

10. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

We have more people in work now than there ever has been so I'm not sure about your theory.
    Things happening now are driving me back to thinkng like I did as a 'red' 21year old of how corrupt Parliament and the Lords is.
    As each day goes by they're either acting like criminals or overgrown schoolkids.

The boss of M&S is retiring on a £1- 6 million bonus on top of his £1million salary and the CEO of Sainsbury is paid 180 times more than his supermarket staff.
    The cost of oil has fallen every day for a week and yet not 1 forecourt has dropped the price we all pay at the pump.

Ffs none of this can be right.
    Something has to give.
    We are lions led by donkeys.

11. realred1952

You think it is funny... well we are not in a funny situation we are in a very very serious state ... and who ever would get in would deal with it different Tories last time spent 8 -9 years getting rid of the enigma's of the previous .gov and succeeded .. COVID IS A KILLER IN MANY WAYS ......

lets let the nation put their hands in the fire and get burnt ...........

12. realred1952

is it honourable to move the goal posts because you lost!! bit like what the remainers tried to do ...... oh quite a few of the those wishing to change the 1922 committee are remainers ! or NICKERLESS WANTING ANOTHER REFERENDUM !

13. realred1952

HEY 2,000,000 PEOPLE no longer pay NI .... FAIR DO'S TO THE LOWER PAID .........well done .GOV

14. realred1952

One of the most amazing things regarding all these resignations is how they put it .. I have enjoyed ... BLAH BLAH BLAH and yet their enthusiasm to see the conclusion is a by product ... if I had a project and someone was under stress of the job above me [ sort of upper management ! ] I would not give it up without concluding the task.

15. AshtonRed

Sorry, I’ve no idea what you are talking about

16. AshtonRed

I truly think you are a dinosaur

17. AshtonRed

<doh><doh><doh><doh>

18. AshtonRed

You truly are obsessed by Remainers and Brexiteers, there are other issues you know, like honesty, integrity, not telling porkies etc.

19. AshtonRed

You do realise 158 of HIS OWN MP’s voted no confidence in him?, he has a 80 odd seat majority, that’s a deficit surely. He keeps bleating on the electorate gave him a mandate, he’s not a President, the electorate gave the Tories a mandate, not Boris, he’s only the leader of the Tory party because the Tory Mp’s want him to be, now it would appear they don’t. Please Boris foxtrot oscar

20. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Total number resignations since yesterday has risen to 31, how long can he hang on?