1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

A bridge too far?

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by invermeremike, Apr 14, 2018.

1. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

I have just watched the second half of the Middlesbrough match and we looked as mediocre as our standing dictates. We needed 3 points from this game to stand a real chance of getting to the playoffs and looking at the teams around us we haven't got the job done and that is our campaign done and dusted. As the commentator just said it still isn't mathematically over but I'm sure I just heard the fat lady sing.

What a major disappointment after the promise of our early season antics, but someone needs to come out and admit that the second half of our campaign was not just unacceptable, but totally disastrous. Coaching decisions, player apathy or just not good enough remains the question, but all in all a season of 2 halves one of which was well worth watching and the least said about the other half the better.

33% point ratio in 2018 was the killer for me and City.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
  2. Reliant Robin TC2

Reliant Robin TC2 Well-Known Member

What, 11th in possibly the most competitive football league in the world!!!

RedorDead likes this.
  3. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

I didn't think much LJ's interview after the game today. He went on about injuries and lack of budget compared with others.
    All clubs get injuries, we are not unique !
    As for the lack of budget I don't buy that either. Of course we can't live with clubs such as Villa and Wolves but we're currently behind the likes of Brentford, Preston, Sheffield Utd and Millwall who I find it hard to believe they've spent more than Ashton and LJ.
    A more honest appraisal of his record since Christmas and poor transfer dealings, especially in January would be appreciated.

4. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

As you rightly say Reliant, 11th would have been a nice position if you wanted consolidation alone after last season, and yet my mind can't help looking back and telling myself that we could, and should, have been much higher and possibly in the playoffs. I was rather hoping that our last game would have been the route to some more football and who knows what might have transpired?

And as for the interview from Lee I don't expect total honesty but rather good words about how good we will be next time out.