1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

9 points of the playoffs

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Red Robin, Jan 22, 2022.

1. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

Now I would happily take a mid table position which is where I said we would finish.
    But we are only 9 points of the playoffs.
    Those stupid points we blew away would have us right in the mix.
    Nige is building the jigsaw.
    The only way is up.

2. realred1952

realred1952 Well-Known Member

doing it with existing players before his signings!

Red Robin likes this.
  3. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Looks like maths is not your strong point RR - I make it eleven.

Never mind, the gap in points is irrelevant. It's the gap in quality that will decide the playoff places. On the showing of both sides yesterday, forget it.

Staying up is should be the concern for us both, and with a 10 point advantage over us, it's yours to blow. - we are hopeless at the moment.

RedorDead likes this.
  4. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

Ability wise compared to the likes of Fulham, WBA, Blackburn, Bournemouth, Huddersfield and co we are a million miles off the playoffs and it's probably just as well.

We may be getting closer to the likes of Blackpool, Luton or Millwall but that'll have to do for this season.

Redprintt likes this.
  5. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

I get your point RR Nige is quietly building, changing the culture of boom and bust and we are slowly improving performances of club and team, we also must not get complacent about our competition, mid table would do me as well.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2022
    Red Robin and Redprintt like this.
  6. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Think it may be squeaky bum time for you. But I can’t see Barnsley, Derby or Posh being higher than you or us.

7. realred1952

playing field is not level ! taking all into consideration its 13 pts .... will WBA / Huddersfield / Middsbro lose 5 and BCFC win 5 then equal each others results? ... no .... best finish at current form is about 10th on points.
    CARDIFF LEVELLER is Peterbro in week can put them on 20/22pts if dont lose. Cardiff's destiny is in own hands ............. need another 30 pts from 20 games so far 23 from 26!

8. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Points on the board is all that matters.

9. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

I wouldn’t waste emotions thinking of the playoffs. We need to take each game as it comes and make sure we survive in this league. If by some miracle we make them then it would be like winning the lottery.
    Safety is our first priority.

RedorDead likes this.
  10. realred1952

it certainly does, but putting them there in a greater number than the opposition is the crux!
    your spread ..... is points from top 6 =4 bottom 8 = 6 middle 10 = 13 pts the most important has to be bottom 8 teams and those 7 around you all have to be played! first half of season you trawled 6 points from 21!

11. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

NP may end up cutting off his nose to spite his face in getting rid of Bakinson, Palmer, Wells etc losing their undoubted ability.
    Getting rid of bad eggs is only a good thing in the long run.
    I'm more than happy sinking or swimming with kids and decent pros doing what they're paid to do.

Red Robin likes this.
  12. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Anyway, where's RR today - brushing up on his maths?.......<laugh><laugh>

RedorDead likes this.
  13. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

I can't see anybody taking on Palmer and Wells with their wages unless we give them away but I agree we are going in the right direction, a couple of good signings would be a brilliant bonus.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2022
  14. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

He doesn’t have any choice does he, this situation is forced on him and most Championship managers by COVID. Mid-table was always the minimum with what he has at his disposal.

15. AshtonRed

AshtonRed Well-Known Member

We should be ok, obviously it’s never over till the fat lady sings, but we should be ok, you on the other hand are in real trouble , it’s about points and momentum and unless you can start winning games against the likes of us you may not survive.

16. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

I think this says it all, 'Further inspection found that City have lost £412,000 a week, every week, for the last ten years'- Covid yes but we have been on dodgy ground for years.
    https://www.football365.com/news/opinion-bristol-city-losses-pandemic-championship-opinion

17. AshtonRed

He obviously needs bodies to replace them, but anyone that’s not towing the line can be disruptive, so Better they go. I’m not suggesting Wells and Palmer fall into that category, as I’ve no ideal whether they do, or whether they’re attributes just don’t fit the way NP wants to play

18. AshtonRed

Is that not just averaging it out though?, we know football clubs on the whole lose money that’s why it helps to have a Billionaire owner fan as an owner, that wasn’t a surprise, well not to me anyway. The only way to even have a chance of making money is to get to and stay in the PL, that’s one of the reasons clubs are willing to take silly risks to get there. In my view that’s what has to be legislated against in a much fairer way.

19. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

that hasn’t all been in the team though. Don’t forgot the stadium and training ground upgrade all contributed to these losses over the last 10 years

20. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

I think you will find that the stadium is owned by SL and is separate from the playing side and I suspect that you will also find that the training ground will almost certainly fall into the same category.