1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

9 Days in Florida.

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by wizered, Apr 24, 2019.

1. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

City pre-season camp in Florida
    Wednesday, April 24th 2019

City will be preparing for the 2019/20 season with a July training camp in Florida, USA.

The Robins will spend nine days in Tampa Bay from July 11th to July 19th.

The trip will strengthen City’s relationship with the United Soccer League (USL), the largest professional soccer organisation in North America.

City Chief Executive Officer Mark Ashton, who attended the USL Winter Summit in December 2018, said: “As we grow as a football club we want to expand our horizons and build relationships around the world.

“The USL is the equivalent in the United States and Canada of the English Football League and oversees more than 100 clubs.

“Our relationship will enable us to tap into a huge network of contacts and the training camp will give Lee and his coaching team the best possible preparation for next season.”

USL President Jake Edwards (pictured with Ashton below) said: “We are delighted to be welcoming Bristol City to the US. They are an ambitious club, and we were very impressed by Mark and his team when they presented at our Winter Summit.

“Florida will provide the perfect setting for a pre-season training camp, and we look forward to getting together, exchanging ideas, and finding new, innovative ways to strengthen the bridge between our two organizations.”

Details of matches and any open training session will be communicated to supporters in due course.

please log in to view this image

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/city-pre-season-camp-in-florida/

2. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

A nice 9 day trip to Florida to help City get ready for the 2019/20 season and to get over their Summer holidays, something to look forward to before this seasons even over.

3. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

That will mean Tampa can go and see them!
    Haven’t heard from him for a while.........

4. TampaBayBCFC

TampaBayBCFC Active Member

I'll be glad to sneak a few of the boys out and take them on a drinking tour of Ybor City!

I presume they will play a game against the Rowdies which would be fun.

Best get my shirt ready! If anyone is going to make the trip, please let me know. Would be great to grab a beer!!