1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

9-2 ????? Aggregate Rubbish.

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by cheddyblue, Jun 8, 2011.

1. cheddyblue

cheddyblue Member

As these budgie wind ups continue I thought it was time to mention some facts...Benitez style.....
    If we are going judge the better team on aggregate score then we should do so..from the begining...FACT
    According to statto.com the score so far is Ipswich 145 - 115 Norwich.FACT
    What else do you need to know? If you're taking it on aggregate we are simply streets ahead..if you want it on results we're also ahead.FACT
    This was the first time you've put five past us yet we've put five past you on four occasions..FACT
    Its only the second time you scored four yet we've achieved that five times.FACT
    Yes, you did well against us in a transitions season but in time it will disappear into a group of stats that will still prove , beyond doubt ,that the best team team and 'pride of Anglia' is Ipswich Town. FACT FACT FACT.

2. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

<tumbleweed>

3. HangingHog FC

HangingHog FC Member

Well said cheddy

4. sanpedro

sanpedro Member

Cheddy, The fact is that this information is true. We know it. More importantly the budgies know it.
    Don't be sucked in by the wind up. Sit tight, let them have their day in the sun and wait for them to fall of their perch!

COYB/FOYBS!

5. King_of_Portman_Rd

King_of_Portman_Rd Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Well said Pedro.

Lets not forget that if we are talking about Aggregate scores surely away goals count for double? So therefore in reality we lost 14-3 to the budgies this season..... :p

6. Dangerous Marsupial

Dangerous Marsupial Well-Known Member

How does that make you 'Pride of Anglia?' Leeds might have a better historic record than many Premier League clubs, but the PL clubs are better now in the present which is the only thing that counts. Also did I forget to say We Are Premier League, Say We Are Premier League?

7. Rushmere

Rushmere Member

Does anyone have the overall stats of wins / losses Town v Budgies? Would be interesting. (We'll put trophies / successes to the side to for the sake of the budgies).

DM, if history doesn't count, why do you lot keep harping on about 9-2? Or is 'history' anything that occurred prior to the last 12 months in your eyes?

8. cheddyblue

cheddyblue Member

Rushmere - happy to help...... League Matches at
    Ipswich Town Norwich City Cup Total
    Ipswich Town wins 23 15 5 43
    Norwich City wins 13 17 7 37
    Draws 5 9 3 17
    Ipswich Town goals 80 49 16 145
    Norwich City goals 44 51 20 115

9. Rushmere

Rushmere Member

Thanks Cheedy! Think that covers it quite well ! Case closed.

10. Strattonblue

Strattonblue Guest

I'm not sure that this is a particularly clever one to run really. The only fact that really matters (and I hate to agree with DM in any shape or form) is that they will be playing Premier League football next year and we wont. I'd rather console myself with the fact that football is cyclical and there will come a time when the boot is on the other foot - it just aint happening at the moment!

11. Rushmere

Rushmere Member

Stratton, I agree with you totally. The problem I have is that the thread (and other threads) refer to this 9-2 thing. It's history. The above was relevant on that basis.

The budgies are where we want to be and currently have the ultimate bragging rights. Surprised therefore that what happened before keeps coming up.

12. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

The budgies are where we want to be and currently have the ultimate bragging rights. Surprised therefore that what happened before keeps coming up.

The point is Stratton that the Budgies still have this small club mentality! <ok>

13. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

Well done for digging for the stats up cheddy. I was going to post a very similar article after the last boring wind up. I knew that it would not look favourable for Narwich over the whole history of our clubs and so it turned out. Sure they are currently better than us but when you have to keep throwing stupid aggregates about and then see it in the whole light it becomes a bit obsolete.

14. Dangerous Marsupial

Dangerous Marsupial Well-Known Member

I agree with the point of 9 - 2 being history too, I wasn't the one who made the first thinly veiled WUM topic about it, and frankly being in the Premier League means much more to me than those results, and you're right that Ipswich may well have a more glorious history than Norwich, but this is our moment in the spotlight now, and you can't take it away from us and I think it's good for East Anglian football we are where we are.

15. CanariesSoccer

CanariesSoccer Well-Known Member

Now here is a genuine question, when can you see Ipsw*ch getting above Norwich, considering the state of our respective clubs at the moment?

16. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

Next year when you get relegated <ok>

17. crowey66

crowey66 Member

oh deary me,poor,very poor.

18. King_of_Portman_Rd

Forum Moderator

I know this is a topic that has been spoken about enough already but quite simply if lambert is still at the helm this time next year then I'll be amazed. He's clearly destined for bigger things than what is on offer in East Anglia. I predict you'll do alright next season take it to the wire but subsequently not have enough to stay up ala Blackpool, Burnley etc. Lambert will go to a mid table Prem team and Norwich will drop down and take a couple of years to rebuild.

19. Whole-lot-of-Holt_HtH

We are a bigger club than you now, just face it. Thrashed you in the most recent match we played (so wont be history until we meet again - we have the bragging rights), we are a division higher than you NOW, and most importantly we have more fans. Your attendances are absolutely pitiful compared to ours. When we were in league 1 we had way bigger crowds than you.

GET SOME FANS LOSERS!!!!

20. King_of_Portman_Rd

Forum Moderator

[Generic Budgie response. Fans Blah Blah]

Yes you are correct you are in a League Higher. Unlike a lot of Town fans I commend you for the way your club has performed in the last two seasons and deserve to be in the Prem.

Now, as for this Bigger club nonsense.. lets face it neither side has a particularly good argument for 'Big' club status. Our sleepy backwaters part of the Country has restricted us being able to be much more than Minnows in the top tier. You are, as you quite correctly put, in a higher division. therefore currently you are the better team. As we all know from past experience neither team flourishes at the same time, a case of one struggles whilst the other succeeds or both struggle. There will come a time when the boot is on the other foot as it has been in the past. but realistically we are both similar 'size' clubs, you can argue your recent fan base stats and we can argue that our record is superior historically. Neither is going to wash and therefore we will continue to have this debate for eternity.

Which i admit I very much look forward too <ok>