1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

4yos for next season

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by Ron, Oct 7, 2020.

1. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Some horses develop later than others and may turn out to be better at 4 than their 3yo form indicated. They therefore may well have been running under the radar as 3yos and could start their 4yo campaign on a reasonable handicap mark

I thought it might be worth trying to spot a few that haven't, shall we say, hit the headlines

Although I haven't seen any in the flesh, one that strikes me as one to watch out for when getting fast ground and 7f is Mr Snowdon. He didn't run as a 2yo and was out of his depth in a G3 but that was in conditions that didn't suit (soft ground at Ascot)

His sire Lethal Force won the Diamond Jubilee & July Cup at 4, and his sire, Dark Angel was the leading sire of sprinters. The dam was by Fantastic Light (I remember the great battles he had with Galileo) whose progeny usually do better with time

Given some of the results he has had on unsuitable ground I think he could be down to a handy mark next season and, provided he isn't aimed too highly and keeps to fast ground, he looks certain to pick up a few wins before the handicapper gets a grip

I would be interested to see any others that you folk may have spotted