1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

40mil and a great loss ?

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by kunye, Nov 8, 2017.

1. kunye

kunye Well-Known Member

With the transfer window soon to be upon us and the playoffs looking evermore
    remote, many sports reporters are saying that we will take the cash for TC,& RS.
    I like most fans are well aware that we will always be a selling club, but I for one
    would like to see us, for one more season, retain our 2 prized assets with the
    chairman hopefully splashing some cash on several useful additions. GK, CF, CH.
    together with a good pruning of some of the dead wood currently at the Cottage.

2. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

One plus is that they both signed new contracts since the end of last season, meaning that if we decide not to sell in the next window our hand is less likely to be forced. Given that Jokanovic clearly hasn't been allowed to bring in the players he actually wants due to the infamous two ticks system, and that with Cline's departure that might be about no longer the case, there's definitely a case for keeping them and seeing what Jokanovic can do without having his hands tied together. Fingers crossed!

2whitestripes and Cottager58 like this.
  3. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

I'm not sure who was to blame for bringing in all these midfield players when it was obvious we needed a striker who scores for fun, a strong solid Centre half and a better goalkeeper as priority, which would have strengthened the core of the team (Cairney, Johansen, McDonald) .

I don't fully blame Kline & Co, I partly blame Jokanovic who's coaching seems to have no basis at looking how to play against different teams & systems. He also seems to have alienated a good few promising youngsters and it's a mystery as to why he has certain favourites that he keeps in the team even when their form dips, but doesn't give others chances.

We needed a forward who can occupy two centre backs and give more space for our midfield. We needed a strong commanding centre back, we needed a top class goalkeeper. I doubt if they are going to be available in January.
    If you are a manager you build a core of players and you don't go round selling if you have the ambition of promotion, so selling TC or RS would send out the wrong message to me.

kunye, Cottager58 and Doriley like this.
  4. kunye

kunye Well-Known Member

SBMc B
    We seem to be on a very similar wavelength referring to who we could recruit in JAN
    could, as you say be a problem,i feel we missed our great chance believing Tarkowski
    was not worth more than the 3mil which was talked about at the time.
    GK who can command my choice again Vorm
    CF knocking on but Crouch could probably fit the bill for a couple of seasons
    CH still remains an enigma.