1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

4,014 coming from Forest...

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by originallambrettaman, Jan 16, 2018.

1. charon-the-ferryman

charon-the-ferryman Well-Known Member

we got to the Premier League without Allam and we'll get back to the Premier League without Allam - Allam and his useless sprog are just passing through, they'll be leaving the club in a worse state than when they found it, no legacy just a bad smell

Evington likes this.
  2. Newland Tiger

Newland Tiger Well-Known Member

Personally I've always thought we should be a decent Championship (Division 2) club , just my opinion obviously

3. Arnold_Lane_HCFC

Arnold_Lane_HCFC Well-Known Member

Not sure about getting back to the Premier charon. Talk about looking a gift horse in the mouth.

Those two berks have blown to smithereens all the foundations stretching back to Adam Pearsons era.

ALLAMS OUT !!!

4. over18and legal

over18and legal Well-Known Member

Julian, I'm not bothered what league we play in, but I am bothered on how these morons have made me feel trying to support our team. The fun and vitality has been sucked out of the club.

5. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

There's aren't any foundations for small clubs in the pl. you just hope for the best.
    Plus it was too expensive for you until they introduced the membership scheme. And then you jumped in and joined.

6. City Man

City Man Well-Known Member

Never really understood that way of thinking tbh.
    The 1990s taught us that very few people want to buy a failing Hull City and most of the ones that did were crooks or charlatans.

Why would being in a lower league mean a new or better owner?

Just a look around the type of people who now buy football clubs shows that most are egomaniacs, dodgy and a bit tapped.

The brutal truth is that for all their faults, a new owner may well be cut from the same cloth.

In a nutshell, I'd rather us be at the top level with bad owners than league 2 with bad owners.

Tickton Tiger. likes this.
  7. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

Not saying I was right. It was just how I felt at the time

8. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

Yeah. Not saying I was right either mind you

9. balkan tiger

balkan tiger Well-Known Member

With the money in the Premier League now the gap between them and the Championship is ever widening, there will be them and a small group of yo yo clubs with all the money and then the rest. We had a chance to be there with them and now that chance has gone. Sensible management whilst in the Premier League and of the parachute payments should keep a team within touching distance of the top tier.

Kevin Francis likes this.
  10. City Man

City Man Well-Known Member

Hairy muff.

dennisboothstash likes this.

11. HCAFC (Airlie Tiger)

HCAFC (Airlie Tiger) Well-Known Member

No one stays in that group for long though, clubs of a certain size only have a finite time in the top flight or as a yo yo club.

We currently have Stoke, West Brom, Swansea...etc enjoying an extended run in the top flight but just like Wigan, Blackburn and Bolton before them it will come to an end and they'll be back to mediocrity.

We've had a decade as a top flight / yo yo club, that's not bad going, with correct management it could have been longer but we'd have eventually returned to our natural level which is probably the second tier.

Chazz Rheinhold likes this.
  12. Chilton's Hundreds

Chilton's Hundreds Well-Known Member

Well me and my lad have had THAT conversation just last week-end.

It was embarrassing and although we knew we had to talk about it neither of us wished to be the instigator. I finally plucked up
    the courage in the west stand lift we had to ourselves after the Reading game.

"If we go down and the Allams don't invest in players I don't think I'll go next season"

I'd said it and waited his response. With teary eyes he agreed.

FILEYseadog and Arnold_Lane_HCFC like this.
  13. balkan tiger

balkan tiger Well-Known Member

The thing is those going down will be in a far far better position to go back up than those already in the championship.

14. look_back_in_amber

look_back_in_amber Well-Known Member

I hear you Airlie, however pre-Shankly what was Liverpool's 'natural level'? There are exceptions, we all just hope that our club's going to be one.

It's the hope that kills you.

15. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

This is why there's no such thing as a natural level. There's enough examples of it changing over the years. Money is one thing. A 'one-off' Leicester-esque season is another. But whatever the reason it can certainly change.

look_back_in_amber likes this.
  16. look_back_in_amber

look_back_in_amber Well-Known Member

Natural levels, unnatural levels or whatever, not very many Man Utd, Arse, Chelsea supporters will ever sample that euphoric and absolutely emotionally overwhelming feeling that I shared with my son and daughter at the final whistle at Wembley in May 2008.

City will always be my club, no matter what their level.

17. HCAFC (Airlie Tiger)

Better off financially for sure, but that doesn't always equate to success in the championship, the high turnover of players and the adjustment to a new league is often enough to cancel out any financial advantage. It's not common for relegated clubs to bounce back up, only 25% do it in their first season, the average league finish for a relegated team is 13th - 21st.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...unce-straight-back-from-the-Championship.html

18. HCAFC (Airlie Tiger)

Agreed, I've always said it's boring following the big clubs, you either win the league or you're disappointed. Winning other trophies, finishing high up the the PL and playing in Europe is just someone they take for granted and quite often moan about.

Those fans will never have a moment like we had in 2008, you've got to feel sorry for them in that sense.

Kempton and look_back_in_amber like this.
  19. Barrington Womble

Barrington Womble Active Member

To appreciate the highs you've got to have experienced the lows

20. over18and legal

over18and legal Well-Known Member

Not at all.
    I have had a pass for many years. I kicked the pass into touch when we went into the PL the second time cause I was getting cheaper tickets elsewhere.
    I then took the £21 per month deal on and have now cancelled that. My reasons for cancelling are probably the same as the many thousands that have cancelled.
    I used to take my daughter and was paying £700+ for the 2 passes.
    I'm not sure what your point is tbh.