1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

4,014 coming from Forest...

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by originallambrettaman, Jan 16, 2018.

1. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Nah. We just don't have a media presence. When forest an European cup winner drops to the third its news. But not for long.
    As Castro says to a lot it's just us going back to our supposed level.

2. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

But at the minute it isn't news at all. You see it on SSN when pundits discuss other clubs in turmoil, they comment, they ask the questions on national television. We aren't getting any of that.

If the Allams are being questioned by the media and our plight is a bit more well known, more people will be aware and people are more likely to ask the Allams the questions.

Kempton likes this.
  3. charon-the-ferryman

charon-the-ferryman Well-Known Member

Trust me, absolutely no-one gives a flying **** about Hull City going down the ****ter other than Hull City fans - no-one - the only point of any action is to embarrass, upset, taint or even trash the Allam brand and the name Allam - only then if it hurts their pockets, prevents him getting a knighthood, hurts his honour or affects his other business investments will he do something - until then he'll milk the tv money golden goose which he was lucky enough to get until the cupboard is bare

4. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Agreed.
    So not attending games serves no purpose other than to deny yourself the pleasure of supporting your team.

howdentiger likes this.
  5. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

This is the question though. How do we hurt them?

6. Tickton Tiger.

Tickton Tiger. Well-Known Member

When we played Wednesday in the Championship Play Off Final at Wembley quite recently with half of our allocation unsold and vast sections of empty seats in our end as a result no-one Nationally asked why. There was no out cry, no questions asked, no inquests.
    We were just looked at as a ****ty little club who were boxing above their weight.
    And when that **** is thrown a lot if it sticks for a very long time.

7. TwoWrights

TwoWrights Well-Known Member

Trust me instead, when the chips are down some fans of other clubs give a flying ****. That's why Boro fans are buying tickets for Hartlepool's next home game, which is now heading for a sell out. It's also why when Wrexham had their Fans United day, just over six years ago, fans from nearly every one of the other 91 clubs turned up, myself included.

The views expressed in my posts are not necessarily mine.

FILEYseadog, PLT, nbetiger and 2 others like this.
  8. johnbo

johnbo Well-Known Member

The only protest I know what would hurt him is in his own village, the neighborhood in Swanland wouldn't want anyone been there who is having people walking past his house not stopping just walking and singing or is that against the law. Having said that they won't leave until the last sky payments is paid no matter what protests are done. They have a plan and will make sure they get at least their money back its just a shame it affects the support like it does, many have walked away because they are sick of it all, others will fight to the end but has we wall know nothing much is going to change until they have gone. Protest all you like, go to games, don't go they will still be around to collect their money. Then may be when all the sky money has gone and the gates are a lot lower than they are now so they are losing money on a weekly basis will they think about clearing off.

McGregor HU5 likes this.
  9. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

At least history will record the reason...

‘Hull City were allocated 38,956 tickets for the final with prices ranging from £36 to £98. They failed to sell their full allocation of tickets and due to supporter segregation and a boycott from many fans, therefore the seats remained unsold.‘

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Football_League_Championship_play-off_Final

10. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

11. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

There were questions asked, and statements made, in the national media at the time

12. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

Hull City is a fractured club. The supporters have continuously battled against the ownership of Assem Allam, who has repeatedly tried to change the club’s name and generally acted like a bit of a douche. When fans protested against the name change (and were successful), Allam publicly stated that they could “die as soon as they want” and promptly put the club up for sale. There are an increasing number of Hull City fans who have fallen out of love with their club. Bruce siding with his boss has not helped to bring the parties together.

Add to these issues the high cost of tickets (£76 was the typical price), train fares (£100 each way was widely quoted) and the fact that Hull have been to Wembley twice in recent years, and suddenly those empty seats become understandable.

http://www.football365.com/news/hull-empty-seats-ask-yourself-why

13. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

I didn’t go to Wembley for that match

Not quite a protest, I just felt getting promoted meant the Allams would stay longer and I couldn’t bring myself to watch a match that I, sort of, didn’t want us to win

14. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

**** article, when they go making up complete bullshit like that the rest holds no credibility.

15. Gone For A Walk

Gone For A Walk Well-Known Member

I absolutely wanted us to win. I thought it would mean Allam would sell. Sadly i was wrong.

dennisboothstash likes this.
  16. balkan tiger

balkan tiger Well-Known Member

An average of almost 28,000 so far this season.

17. over18and legal

over18and legal Well-Known Member

I cancelled my membership in October so it ran out on 31.12.17

FILEYseadog likes this.
  18. over18and legal

Agreed

19. over18and legal

It might not hurt Allam but it makes me feel better that I'm not whistling to his tune

20. Edelman

Edelman Well-Known Member

Thus ends the Golden era of Hull City.
    What should of been a great legacy is going to be left shattered to pieces that may never be put back together.
    Maybe The Championship and League 1 is where we truly belong.