1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

35m for DD!!!!! Chelsea's pants are down

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by MIAMI_FOX, Sep 1, 2017.

1. MIAMI_FOX

MIAMI_FOX Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

so we basically get Silva + 15-20 million!!!!!
    Oh yes!!!

2. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

Still waiting for Silva to be announced, it would be so Leicester to have done it too late! If it goes through great business.
    I wouldn't say Chelsea's pants are down as it only makes up for Kante at least. Over the two they probably still come out on top! The profit and getting Silva in makes up for it though

3. BucksFox

BucksFox Well-Known Member

Why so much excitement about someone who's unproven in the Premier League and is therefore nothing more than a gamble? In the current market Chelsea have paid a fair price for Drinkwater - a player of proven Premier League ability and quality.

4. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Because Silva is a proven European and International player.

From Drinkwater's performances last season, proven Premier League ability and quality is a stretch.

5. LeicesterWizard

LeicesterWizard Well-Known Member

Nice of Chelsea to give him a shirt that indicates the competition he'll be used in this season.

6. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

We now ex-captains of Sevilla and Sporting Lisbon in our midfield ... pretty happy with our business over all.

7. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Is DD really that bad? His passing is OK I thought??

8. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

His last season was ****e - then again he didn't have Kante on either side of him.

9. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

if we do bring in Sagna so we have another proper RB then I would be as well.

10. BucksFox

DD has his detractors on this forum who concentrate on one side of his game namely the early pass that was so effective in the title winning season but which, admittedly, didn't go well last season. However his all round game and control are solid. He has good vision and his work rate is excellent. He is also better off the ball than many give him credit for and drags other players away to create space - a skill that is often overlooked and which Eric Dier lacks in spades!

11. BucksFox

On paper it all looks promising. Let's hope we can play in a formation that realises all this potential and that those guys are up to playing in the Premier League. It will be an interesting month ahead to see how Shakey is thinking and what formation he has in mind.

12. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

For me it's partly a confidence thing with DD ...had a great all action season in the Championship but then Nigel Pearson dropped him during our first Prem season and if he was used from the bench he'd only get 10 or 15 mins and it was obvious that he had no confidence.

Ranieri saw enough in pre season to make him a fixture and more importantly let DD know it. He thrived.

Last season he was poor ...but they all were. Different fans have picked different scapegoats - which is human nature.

For me he can thrive with better players around him and, in particular, in a pairing with Kante. They compliment each other superbly.

Wish him all the best - and I'll slap any cnut that jeers him ...as I would with Kante and also Mahrez in due course. We wouldn't have won the title without each. <steam>

Foxy in Foyle likes this.
  13. LeicesterWizard

LeicesterWizard Well-Known Member

I don't think we'll miss him tbh, like others have said, he runs hot and cold, can ping a good pass over the top into space, but if your looking for ball splitting pass though a small gap, he's not your man.

Hes going from a club that plays counter attacking football to a club that is mainly possession based, so he wil haveto adjust, but hes calm on the ball and ok in possession, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Thought he was injured and then couldn't get his spot back from James?
    He probably will get boo'd this weekend, unlike Kante, he put in a transfer request.

Alot of fans have very short term memories and aren't all as hung over as they were when Kante left.