1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

31st January vs Burnley @ SJP

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by G4rdToonArmy, Jan 16, 2018.

1. G4rdToonArmy

G4rdToonArmy Well-Known Member

If there are no new signings, no new ownership, what is the atmosphere going to be like at St James' for this one?

Could see it getting quite ugly but at the same time think it is probably a good opportunity to get the Gallowgate flags, fan groups etc and fans to give Ashley a piece of their mind. Obviously Ashley doesn't care about if he is loved or loathed but I'd rather let him know then sit by and watch the club go down the pan without a wimper. Also might take some of the attention off the players for the game and let them perform a bit better without feeling the pressure of 52k watching on who will inevitably be in a bad mood.

Maybe we could take a leaf out the mackem's books and smear the ground with fecal matter to let Ashley know our thoughts?

General Lee Speaking likes this.
  2. Hung Drawn and Quartered

Hung Drawn and Quartered Well-Known Member

need to divert the attention towards Charnley as he is Ashley's right hand man
    and is probably the only person who talks to Ashley from the club

I'm not too keen on your other proposal though :emoticon-0119-puke:

Marra SAFC 77 likes this.
  3. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

I honestly don't think there will be much of a reaction because it was what every fans expects.

Personally I see little point in venting. We have what we have personnel wise. There is nothing productive to come from constantly bleating on about what you haven't got. Its wrong to criticise Rafa for doing so, and then do the same ourselves. I'd prefer everyone forgot about signings, and concentrate on getting points. The manager can do this by sorting out his tactical approach to home games, the players by knuckling down and getting the best from themselves, we can do this by supporting the club to the fullest.

Moaning about a lack of transfer action or takeover movement has no positive impact on the clubs fortunes whatsoever.

Judge Death and anyobrien like this.
  4. Hugh Briss

Hugh Briss Well-Known Member

It will be like any other home game of recent times.

Full house, poor quality football and average result.

I think any Toon fan must realise that this club will never be anything more than also-rans in this division. Assuming of course that there are 3 teams worse than us come the end of the season.