1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

3 points is all that matters at the end of the day.

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by parkersafc, Sep 29, 2012.

1. parkersafc

parkersafc Active Member

We didn't play well at all but the points are on the board and we can now relax abit. Referee did his best to ruin the game and he almost succeeded he was abysmal. I swear he gave a free kick to Wigan when a Sunderland player made eye contact. Nt seen the sending off back so can't comment.

Plus points for me. Fletcher of course who is outstanding and took his one chance well. Getting Johnson on the pitch and a good hours play in his legs. Sessegnon saw alot of the ball and that can only be a good thing to get him in form. McClean looked back to what we know and he and rose can in.time form a formidable partnership down that flank.

Biggest plus for me Titus Bramble who was my man of the match, he was an absolute rock and his distribution was amazing at times. If you didn't know you'd think he was the multi title winning former Man Utd player not Oshea.

Negatives.

We seem to suffer from a lack of urgency. We should have gone for the kill when we went one up.
    We should have brought a second striker on to go more attacking.
    Referee as mentioned, the man was atrocious (will i get fined for saying that)
    Disappointing crowd only 37,000 there

Lastly, trying to get a drink at half time in the new South stand is a farce. 3 "bottle" bars to serve 3 to 4 thousand people, s***e!!!

2. cumbrianmackem

cumbrianmackem Well-Known Member

Like you say Parker three points is all that matters at the end of the day, just a pity we couldn't have put them too the sword. As for your Referee comments, what else can you expect from Mr Webb ,a legend in his own lifetime, a complete and utter waste of space, five bookings and a red card and whilst I wasn't at the game I bet there wasn't one tackle worthy of a mention, was it a Red, would Catts have gone off for it, Wigan like to play football as we do and don't go in for kicking lumps out of each other, but Webb would want to be the centre of attention so he has to dish the cards and where did he get five minutes of added time, who knows.