1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

3 new signings?

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Enricky., Aug 11, 2012.

1. Enricky.

Enricky. Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

According to reports there could be another 3 more signings this transfer window.

Adam Johnson ....yes please

Nuri sahin ...don't know much about him so please enlighten me. (this would be on loan,BR using his close relationship with mourhino to secure a move)

Clint Dempsey ..this ones been rattling around for a while but yeah I think he would be good, just not at 10 million. If this one goes through think it will be a last minute deal..a case of who blinks first.

One final point. Rodgers has said he would have been willing to pay many more millions for joe Allen which shows how much he rates him.

The Dempsey rumours have died down though, and it's been said that Barcelona are willing to let Christian Tello go out on loan, he could also be another possibility.

2. Enricky.

Forum Moderator

How exactly?

3. Bumps

Bumps Well-Known Member

Would rather keep Carroll than bring in Dempsey
    Think hendo, downing will come good.
    Never rated adam he may come good but think it unlikely
    Sahin could work for both parties but would only be short term
    Johnson if on low wage and free transfer

4. Enricky.

Forum Moderator

Ah right <ok> <laugh>

5. Lucaaas

Lucaaas Well-Known Member

Don't see the point of buying Sahin if I'm honest. I was in favour of getting him in instead of Allen but seeing as we've signed Allen whats the point just clogging our teams up with centre midfielders seeing as we've got Shelvey, Adam, Gerrard, Lucas, Spearing, Henderson and Allen capable of playing there already.

I'm really worried we aren't looking at a proper striker either, one who'll stay upfront and try get in behind their defence. Suarez isn't that man, either is Carroll.

6. Enricky.

Forum Moderator

Realise that now, hence the edit <laugh>

7. Sir Kenny Dalglish

Sir Kenny Dalglish Well-Known Member

Dempsey, I would have him as a direct replacement for Dirk Kuyt, and the main reason is Dempsey carries a decent goal threat.
    Sahin, would love him on loan, although I don't know much about him. Brendan can use his close friendship with Mourinho to negotiate any deal.
    Adam Johnson, Its been well reported that Brendan wants a winger, this lad fits the bill perfectly. I like him.

8. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

I think if Adam goes then bringing in Sahin would give us Lucas, Gerrard, Allen, Sahin, Henderson, Shelvey. That's strong 6 CM competing for 3 spaces. Maybe Shelvey might be going out on loan to a lower league Prem club - rumours were he was being offered as part of the deal for Allen on loan.

The way we are looking at playing I don't think someone that stands there and looks to get behind the defence will be any good though. Judging by last few games and the way Swansea played it looks like its about working the ball around the opposition and not trying to hit them on the counter with a speedy CF.

9. Zingy

Zingy #ziggywould

Wiggs, where did you get this info? And is there any substance in the A Johnson story?

Also, I thought we are linked with Tello. Apparently he has said he is flattered by our interest.

10. Enricky.

Forum Moderator

Reported in the mirror but I have seen the Johnson story being bandied about on several sites. Who knows might be BS but I think he is a very talented player wasted on the sidelines at city.

11. Zingy

Zingy #ziggywould

Is he CM? Don't know enough about him. What about Tello? Better option than Downing?

12. RogerisontheHunt

RogerisontheHunt Well-Known Member

Dont see the point in Sahin and frankly I dont rate him. Dont think we need another CM this year.

Still holding out hope for Ramirez.

13. Zingy

Zingy #ziggywould

One of Ramirez or Adam Johnson, and Dempsey are my favoured targets. Ramirez/Johnson would replace Maxi and Dempsey would replace Kuyt.

14. The artist JerryChristmas

The artist JerryChristmas "Massive old member"

I have serious doubts about Johnson and his attitude. If he was as good as some people think then why did they bother paying so much for Nasri? Plus I would imagine he'll be on a high wage. No complaints if we could get him in on the cheap but then I suspect we'd have competition and he's the sort of lad who will just go to whoever offers him the biggest wage even if he's sitting on the bench.

Again I have doubts about paying what Fulham were asking for Dempsey but if we could get him cheaper I'd take him as a replacement for Dirk as his workrate has improved dramatically for Fulham and he certainly has proved he knows where the onion bag is (sorry Bluff <laugh>).

15. The artist JerryChristmas

The artist JerryChristmas "Massive old member"

I haven't seen as much of Ramirez as others have but going off what I have seen I'd take him over Johnson any day of the week <ok>

16. Zingy

Zingy #ziggywould

Even a cold wet Tuesday night in Stoke?

17. Lucaaas

Lucaaas Well-Known Member

Yup, one of the midfielders that sets the teams tempo a la Alonso/Modric/Arteta.

Tello? Only watched him a bit but not convinced he's that good. Seemed no better than Downing when he started vs Real Madrid and came on Vs Chelsea but Guardiola liked him so what do I know!

18. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

Do Stoke ever have any warm Tuesday nights?

19. jaffaklopp

jaffaklopp Well-Known Member

Should be a cold, wet, silent night at the chav bridge now.

20. Enricky.

Forum Moderator

The grapevine on Ramirez has gone a bit quiet ,although that might be a good thing, but yes I would like to see him sign but if not Johnson would be good alternative.
    And how the hell does anybody know that "he is the type of lad who will go to whoever offers him the biggest wage"
    Are you best buds or something?