1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

3 games in, what do we think of slade so far?

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Swamp, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Swamp

Swamp Well-Known Member

i must say i've been pleasantly surprised by russell slade. i said that all he needs to do is manage the current group and stick square pegs in square pegs, and to be fair 6 points from 9 is a promising start given the mess he inherited.

slade said 80% of the game is man management. i agree with him, get people like macheda and r. morrison fighting for the cause and we win games at this level, its that simple for me. solskjaer complicated things too much thinking he had to change personnel and tactics weekly, which isn't the case in this league. what this group needs for me is a manager who can motivate them on a weekly basis.

2. mustyfrog

mustyfrog Well-Known Member

I hope Noddy does well for you purely from a selfish view as I tipped you guys to win the Championship

3. Jay-Rede

Jay-Rede Well-Known Member

I'm happy with the way he is getting the team working together. We finally look like we are playing as a team with some confidence now, and not the same nackered sh*te we were playing under OGS.

Still early but I think Slade will do well here!

4. Stevoldinho

Stevoldinho Well-Known Member

I'm happy, the difference in work rate is remarkable, it's early days but the fact he got such a quick reaction is a very promising.

5. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

We should have won all three games - that performance at Millwall was below that of the other two games, but it was still good enough to have won it if we'd taken our chances.

I don't think Slade could have done any better in his start at the club - let's see what he does as a result of the "dropped heads" in the side after Millwall scored their goal.

6. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

It didn't take too long for general apathy to reappear given the 2nd half Millwall display.

The glass is always half empty for me <doh>

7. whoops

whoops Member

The way we reverted to type in the Millwall game suggests to me nothing much has changed. The only mild positive for me is that Slade seems to be wanting to select a settled side which, after the ludicrous decisions made by the previous incumbent, must be a good thing. Let's see what happens from here on in. The opposition now know we can be bullied out of a game so, as ever, I am pessimistic but perhaps that is a more realistic approach than believing we can be automatically promoted.

8. Stevoldinho

Stevoldinho Well-Known Member

Do you really think we were apathetic 2nd half?

I saw a game in which all the key moments went wrong for us. Alf missed 2, our most influential midfielder in the game got knocked out by a stray boot, the ref missed a foul on Marshall that plenty would have given (off what looked a very dodgy corner). The only one of those I blame Slade for is Macheda marking ****tu on the goal.

We finished stronger and were pressing for an equaliser. They nearly caught us on the break but that's the risk you take. I thought Maynard ran around like Forrest Gump but contributed nothing and will be disappointed if Slade does not give a different striker the chance off the bench v Leeds.

Whilst we were bullied I thought it was a very weak refereeing performance which allowed Millwall to kick the **** out of us. Including far too many free kicks 10 yards inside their half. The game plan to hack us down 40 yards from goal worked and was allowed to continue by the Ref. The lack of bookings made that easy for them. I don't blame Millwall in anyway for those tactics, but the Ref should have made it much harder for them.
    Think back to how many times Whitts was stood over a free kick 10 yards inside their half trying to play diagonal balls into the box.

9. roofjack_22

roofjack_22 Well-Known Member

Hes expierenced and a people person , hes perfect for Cardiff.

10. aberdude

aberdude Well-Known Member

^^wtf^^

he`s done an ok job so far...seems 2 have brought some stability with on the field matters>>>>but if history goes 2 form, it seems the off the field matters that are gonna be his biggest hurdle.

we as a club will continue 2 struggle until some unity takes place(from top 2 bottom)>>>>>>>until that time comes we can expect all over the shop performances......<ok>

11. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

Early days still, a more balanced judgement will be after 10 games.

Lets see what he can do to give us more physical presence and aggression. We are lacking in that as proved at Millwall.