1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic 2023/2024 EPL TITLE ODDS !

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by LuisDiazgamechanger, Jun 15, 2016.

1. organic red

organic red Well-Known Member

What Merseyside Derby? <laugh>

saintKlopp likes this.
  2. LuisDiazgamechanger

Everton still in the premier league???<laugh>.

organic red likes this.
  3. moreinjuredthanowen

I know lfc fans put a lot of money down bit 8/1?

that is ludicrously short odds given where we are starting from.

4. LuisDiazgamechanger

There was a time we were more than 30 points behind city, following season we came second.

5. moreinjuredthanowen

that is a good point but we had mane firmino salah and signed jota and diaz thst season where as now we are looking at getting tllads fit and seeing a bit more integration of a new team

if we get 2nd this year I'd be amazed and happy.

LuisDiazgamechanger likes this.
  6. M!LK

M!LK Well-Known Member

I think 4th next season would be a good result and 3rd would be outstanding. We would all love to be back in the title fight again, but I don't think that can be done in one transfer window.

24/25 season to me is the earliest realistic chance of being top two again and going toe-to-toe with City.

4th a good realistic goal/expectation for next season. That might sound like very tiny step up from where we are, but realistically, we're probably going to see more fight from Chelsea and Spurs. Can't expect them to be midtable teams again next year. So 4th represents one step up, and fighting off two old rivals. It also acknowledges we're probably getting a lot of churn so will take some time for new team to gel.

Impossible to predict though even if we knew who is signing whom... But at this point I expect City to win by some distance, and United to come distant second. We would have to knock Newcastle or Arsenal out of top four.

7. saintKlopp

Whoever we sign or don't sign, I'm expecting us to come flying off the blocks next season. If we do, then we're in with a chance, if we stumble to a slow start, then top 4 is the very most we can hope for.
    If I were a gambler then obviously City are the only ones worth putting your dosh on, unless the rather remote chance of them being exposed as cheats actually comes to be.
    8 to 1 though - there's clearly a load of mad scousers out there whose optimism makes me look like Private Frazer.

8. Nozzer

Nozzer Well-Known Member

I'm not sure how big the changes this summer will be. Could just be two midfielders and a defender. Depending on how quickly they integrate and injuries, the team at the start of the season could look quite similar to the one at the end of this season.

We finished with 67 points in a desperately disappointing campaign. The aim must surely be at least 80 points next season, which would comfortably seal CL qualification, and which seems doable if we're half decent. 90+ if we want to challenge for the title, but that depends on which Version of us turns up.

Winning the Europa League has to be an aim.

LuisDiazgamechanger likes this.
  9. Nozzer

Nozzer Well-Known Member

I was expecting us to use the disappointment of the end of the season to win at least one of the PL or CL last season. Didn't quite happen like that though.

10. M!LK

M!LK Well-Known Member

I suspect we're in with a shot. By the time we face a stiff challenge the team will have had time to gel.

11. Nozzer

Nozzer Well-Known Member

If we're anything like on form we should be favourites tbh. Three CL finals in the last six years, including last year, we shouldn't even be in the EL. No excuses.

12. saintKlopp

Surely we've learned our lesson on that one though?
    I think at the start of this season we were psychologically battered by coming so close the time before. And being beaten by a single point yet again.
    Getting over 90 points and still coming second twice must be a blow.
    Like I said, I'm expecting us to start strongly and get the attitude right this time, but it depends on who we sign as to whether or not we'll have what it takes to compete.

13. LuisDiazgamechanger

I believe that we're going to finish above Arsenal. Arsenal are going to struggle to finish second next season. One of our problems are injuries, Jota in particular last season.,

14. RogerisontheHunt

RogerisontheHunt Well-Known Member

Arsenal squad is paper thin, hence why they fell off a cliff at the back end of the season after they had overplayed their better players.

They are in the same situation as we were after our first title challenge under Klopp, small squad without much depth. Which all well and fine when you are only playing 1 game a week and can play the virtually the same team every week.
    Unless they add alot of players over the summer, they're going to struggle with the extra games and you can't ditch the CL like you can the League cup.

Newcastle will be in the same position and doesn't matter that they have loads of money, they still need depth to cope with the extra games and getting that right is the challenge.

Frankly, if Chelsea can find a striker and settle on a team I'd tip them to do better than Arsenal and Newcastle. Big IF though

M!LK, LuisDiazgamechanger and Nozzer like this.
  15. Nozzer

Nozzer Well-Known Member

Hopefully. Previously we used losing the CL final and finishing second in the league as motivation to win them the year after, with a hangover after we won. This time the coming second gave us a hangover. Hopefully with a proper break and some reinforcements, plus greater Integration of the newer players, we can hit the ground running this time.

saintKlopp likes this.
  16. moreinjuredthanowen

honestly folks, you don't solve hunger by playing the same guys.

alisson
    konate
    gakpo
    diaz
    jota
    nunez

sure why not

Robertson, salah. reliable performers imo

but vvd, trent, fabinho, matip.

I have serious questions over their level of hunger to actually do the job.

trent. my god, you can bother yourself as a special look at me I am standing in midfield player then you are a ****ing disgrace for most of the season at rb.

vvd. arsed to run? go tackle? nah. huge questions about his form and desire to get up there.

anyway I just think we need that freshness now and certain guys cannot be indulged.

let's see about what formation we start with and who starts the new season

17. LuisDiazgamechanger

WILLIAM HILL'S TITLE ODDS AFTER RELEASE OF 2023/2024 FIXTURES

Manchester City 4/7
    Liverpool 8/1
    Arsenal 8/1
    Manchester United 8/1
    Chelsea 16/1
    Newcastle 16/1
    Tottenham 50/1
    Brighton 66/1
    Aston Villa 100/1
    West Ham 250/1
    Brentford 400/1
    Wolverhampton 500/1
    Everton 500/1
    Fulham 750/1
    Crystal Palace 500/1
    Nottingham Forest 1000/1
    Bournemouth 1000/1
    Burnley 1000/1
    Sheffield United 2500/1
    Luton 2500/1
    Premier League Winner Betting Odds | Football | Oddschecker

18. moreinjuredthanowen

We can aim for what we like. If we buy only 3 players we can forget it.

I am assuming our team should look similar to the end of season but with fresh tactical emphasis and far more ability to press and move. (I also expect jones and henderson to not be false 10s as one is already replaced.

We have to find the first "3" forwards to start with and they also have to perform. Gakpo needs a lot of goals around him if he is playing the unselfish bobby role. LW is lacking goals so diaz/jota/ nunez all need to compete.

We have to earn the right to aim for 80. thats beyond us right now. 70 and 4th has to be the target with hope we run at better than that.

Yes winning the europa has got to be a major aim as we should be able to go deep in that comp (QF) before even getting stretched. Anything less than being in the QF would be a massive failure.

the difference with me is I don't see a divine right to being good, any version of us that was good is in the past so every day we have to earn the right.

We've had a good start to the transfer window, we've cleared out injury prone players but theres a lot of work to do before day 1 of preseason

19. Nozzer

Nozzer Well-Known Member

Agree with all that. No, we don't have a divine right to being good, and I didn't say that. But the club as a whole let itself down last season and we know that it's capable of better. How much better is an open question, but 70 points can't be the aim. That's only three better than this year and wouldn't have been enough for fourth. Depending on extenuating circumstances, anything less than 80 points is below our potential and would count as a poor season. That's not entitlement, that's an objective look at how good we are. That would still have only been third place this season.

20. moreinjuredthanowen

is or was capable?

they have to go again and prove that it is still and is. that's my opinion.

it took imo about 25 years to break the attitude that we were big club and would win that title. I think man utd fans are firmly still in that mentality that they think they'll just rock up and win it.

the best mentality is last year was also year and this is a blank slate