1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Transfer Rumours Thread

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Cb, Nov 24, 2012.

1. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

Based entirely off Football Manager 2022, in the Summer we should go for Kessie, Adeyemi and Isak. If we get CL football then swap Kessie for Bellingham or Rice.

2. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

Kessie is a weird one. A lot of hype around him, looks a good player but AC fans seem to be regularly getting upset with his lack of consistency.

3. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

He's still tearing it up in 2031 so ipso facto he must be epic in real life. However, Jadon Sancho is also tearing it up in FF so maybe not...

gooner4ever likes this.
  4. TheBear

Lautaro Martinez rumours back again this time a reliable source (Romano).

Definitely the calibre of player we need to be chasing. Doesn't fit the 'target man' role though so perhaps we will see us chase both Lautaro and a Calvert Lewin/Isak type player.

5. TheBear

Soo lots of rumours claiming we will be looking to sign TWO CF's and a CMF.

I would imagine that would mean a Target man (hence Vlahovic bid) : Calvert Lewin, Isak, Haaland, Abraham, Lewandowski, Darwin Nunes.

and a more mobile false 9 type: Jonathan David, Martinez, Joao Felix, Nkunku Greenwood.

Some big names there and Ive heard the Kroenkes are willing to splash this summer. So I do think we will see an attempt to sign Haaland. (would be extremely hard to pull off though) Considering we were willing to sign Vlahavic for 70m - I think Haaland for 58m plus big wages (400k) is actually within the realms of possibility.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2022
  6. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Think Haaland is a pipe dream. He's got his pick between City, Barca, Real and personally I think he's gonna end up at City. Depending on where we finish (if we get top 4) then that will determine the calibre of player we can potentially sign. We defo look like a more exciting prospect though than we did a year ago and I'm hoping that players will be attracted to Arteta's project and this evolving young team.

If we're going for two forwards, a target man and a false 9, I can't say there's any names that really jump out at me tbh. I'm not at all convinced about Calvert-Lewin. I know he's playing in a **** Everton team, and reportedly Arteta is a big admirer, but I think we should be aiming for somebody better.

Isak looks like the type of player that would suit Arsenal, he's mobile and technical. Defo not the finished article, but somebody who could develop further at Arsenal.

What about putting in a bid for Marcus Rashford ? He seems pretty disillusioned at Utd and would slot straight into this Arsenal team. He's got a good all round game, can play across the front three, is a brilliant finisher and can work as a target man too

Also if Haaland does go to City, then one of their forwards will likely be looking for another challenge, maybe a cheeky bid for Raheem Sterling ? He knows Arteta and he would be able to work with him. Whether City would sell him to us is another matter though

TheBear likes this.
  7. TheBear

Romano just confirmed we have made contact with Benfica over Darwin Nunes.

22 years old, 6'2 forward. Has a great goals to games ratio at Benfica - The Uruguayan looks like the spitting image of a young Cavani. He could be exactly what we are looking for.

8. Solid_Air 2

Solid_Air 2 Well-Known Member

you will get to have a good look at him against PL opposition in a few weeks time .

9. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Yep seen his name being banded around for a while. He looks like the sort of player who could handle himself in the PL and he'd be exactly the type of target man we're looking for. I know you can only go on so much watching a youtube highlights video, but he does look like a real handful.

As Solid says, it will be interesting to see when Liverpool play Benfica, because he'll be up again VVD and Matip who are arguably right up there as one of the best CB pairings in the PL

TheBear likes this.
  10. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

I mentioned Marcus Rashford the other day as a possible option. Some rumours around that we'll make a bid for him in the summer

Arsenal are preparing an offer for Manchester United's 24-year-old England forward Marcus Rashford. (Mirror)

11. TheBear

Yeah I wouldn't like Rahsford as the answer for our No.9 Issues however with Pepe and Nketiah likely to leave we will need to bring in more than one forward. Rashford can play anywhere across the from line so would be a useful addition for sure.

PINKIE likes this.
  12. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Yep would see Rashford as a replacement for Pepe (who surely is going to be sold in the summer ?) and as a forward who can play across the front three, so a player who can add some versatility up top

Was good to see the pics of Odergaard and Halaand hanging out together for Norway in the week. Undoubtedly Halaand would have been asking him about the Premier league, and whilst I think he'll end up at City personally, I'd love it if Odergaard was trying to persuade him to come to Arsenal.

13. BrunelGunner

BrunelGunner Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Barcelona want Gabriel.

TheBear likes this.
  14. BrunelGunner

Forum Moderator

<laugh> the cheek of this guy to be making comments like this after how he's performed for the last two years. Not exactly a good time for this when we've still got something to play for and he's talking about a move away.

15. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Yeah pissed me off that. He talks about wanting to play in Europe again because he's missed the Champions League.

Well how about scoring some ****in goals for us and helping us to get back in it ?

16. BrunelGunner

Forum Moderator

I have to be honest. I’m not Gabriel Jesus’s biggest fan (to put it mildly). I don’t rate him very highly.

If he comes here, I’ll support him of course and pray he proves me wrong, but if this is the main striker we’re looking at, I really would prefer to look elsewhere.

17. Solid_Air 2

imo netter fit for you than DCL .

TheBear and BrunelGunner like this.
  18. BrunelGunner

Forum Moderator

Agreed, although that's not saying much <laugh>

Solid_Air 2 likes this.
  19. Solid_Air 2

true
    thing with Jesus is that he is a versatile player if not a top notch goal scorer .Think he would do pretty well with you but , and it is a fairly big but , how much would City want from another English team and how much would he want in wages .

20. TheBear

I think Jesus would be good signing as I already said.

Some City Account (can't find now) on Twitter posted his stats for when he's played upfront (not on the wing) for City and it's better than 1 in 2 for them.

The rumour is coming from Ornstein so you know there's some truth in it.
    Ornstein also indicated on his podcast that we will sign at least TWO forwards. I expect a more mobile tricky forward (Jesus) and a target man (Calvin Lewin, Isak or Darwen Nunes maybe) he also said the plan is FOUR quality signings this Summer. (Two strikers, One AMFer and one left sided DMF)

PINKIE likes this.