1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Premier League, Cups & Euro Watch

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by LuisDiazgamechanger, Jul 6, 2018.

?

Result...

1. Home win

2. Draw

3. Away win

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Page_Moss_Kopite

Page_Moss_Kopite Well-Known Member

Lord Ousley is a ****ing arsehole further spreading rumours about Sterling's critics being Racist, he says he applauds Ian Wright's views, pity Ousley ignored Wright's own personal battle with Ferguson and Man U when he accused Peter Schmeichel of using racist language against him.
    If somebody openly racially abuses Sterling he'd be within his rights to demand action, but using racism to deflect criticism is as bad as racism itself imho.

Raheem Sterling: Silence over criticism is 'shameful', says Kick It Out chair

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45196259

2. johnsonsbaby

johnsonsbaby Well-Known Member

It's bizarre isn't it?

I've had lots of discussions on here about racism. I firmly believe there are real race issues within football [and society, obviously]. I have been told many times that I see racism where there isn't any; maybe it's because I've studied race that I'm more aware of it, who knows. However, this latest thing calling criticism of Sterling as having racial undertones is just plain weird. I noticed from a quick google that it's the usual suspects, in terms of red tops, running all the 'he shops at Primark' etc. stories. Shock, horror, - like anyone takes seriously anything they have to say.

Libby and Page_Moss_Kopite like this.
  3. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

I'm in a 15yr old car mate, such things didn't exist

Solid_Air 2 and johnsonsbaby like this.
  4. LuisDiazgamechanger

Premier League season preview: Club-by-club guide to 2018/19
    Everything you need to know about the forthcoming season

Liverpool
    Is it finally Liverpool's year? We pick out three of the challenges facing the Reds as they dream again of winning the Premier League...

Phil Thompson says: "I like what Jurgen Klopp has done by trying to strengthen the players behind the front three. That part of the team is where you win titles."
    http://www.skysports.com/football/n...-season-preview-club-by-club-guide-to-2018-19

5. johnsonsbaby

Only joking with you mate. And yes I am jealous of your blindspot mirrors :)

Zanjinho likes this.
  6. moreinjuredthanowen

Its worse.

It destroys the legitimate issue but robbing it of credibility

Its the smae as ME too.

Me too started well but quickly got to the point where me stopped even talking to women in offices and became counter productive.

No sorry can't meet you unless 3 in room.

That sort of stuff. In any of these things the rational amongst us get drowned out by slabbering hounds who want to go to the ultimate extreme instantly.

In ye olden days they would be stood on street corners shouting. No they can make a career and be extremely well paid shouting it on twatter etc.

BobbyD likes this.
  7. astro

astro Well-Known Member

8. moreinjuredthanowen

I would suspect you see unconscious actions that people dont realise they do more than the rest of us.

TBH sterling only gets what he gets cos he took up with an agent who is a known schister and we were lucky city were ponying up 49mil cos they badly needed english players to fill HG criteria.

Micheal owen... I absolutely annoys me he was given a ambassador role by LFC. Ridiculous. He hurt LFC badly by leaving for only 8mil/.

Mcmanaman. same. got a little coaching role, given legend status and all this and he's as bitter a blue as you'd meet. never has a good word about LFC and in general is an even bigger twat that owen.

Notice the only similarity in cases?

no not race... they all tried to shaft lfc.

Not that Can is not amongst the names? why? maybe its cos he was a signing, maybe it was down to him being honest enough about it and never promising anything.

Own and mcmanaman strung along LFC 100% Sterling... bit of he said she said about it TBH. I'd even half believe sterling over rodgers anyday but the little **** imo had zero intent for 6 months before rodgers mouthed off. he then imo deliberately played badly to make sure LFC would have to sell him.

Sterling is more targeted by press and was targeted from the outset of his LFC career. Why? there's an easy answer to that one. He left london and played for LFC. first story out was he had 6 kids or something silly. That was clear undertones of racism and was targeting our latest bright hope.

LFC tried to help his image by publicising his charitable works in Jamaica even.

Then he gets picutres with his legal highs.

Then theres his agent and move.

Then theres the tattoo thing.

and in between he's prob had several stories i've actually missed.

Is it cos he is from jamiaca? is it race? is it easy target? is it london press after him. I dunno.... but not one lfc fan has a good word to say about him.

johnsonsbaby and BobbyD like this.
  9. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Nothing special mate, just a cheap stick on thing that anyone could buy...

20180815_173921.jpg

You can see the window in the regular mirror but much more in the circle mirror.

The circle twists around to give you the best angle too.

johnsonsbaby likes this.
  10. johnsonsbaby

Sterling brings a lot of criticism on himself with his poor behaviour in his private life and his poor performances for England.

He was being lauded all season in his City role but when he posts pictures on his social media taken in all sorts of dubious situations, he has to expect some flak. I can't honestly say that any of it is racially motivated. The only way that could happen would be, if what he does in his private life that draws criticism, is peculiar to young men of his race. I think his behaviour is more to do with just being young and ill-advised.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2018

11. astro

astro Well-Known Member

0-3 is standard but I wouldn't take that now

12. johnsonsbaby

I reckon car manufacturers should start putting them on, or something similar, as standard. They are so useful.

Zanjinho likes this.
  13. astro

astro Well-Known Member

Ramos: "[Klopp] should stick to his own business"

You just conceded to your local rivals in the first minute of the European Super Cup. Maybe you should stick to yours.

#thatwentwell

14. johnsonsbaby

Message to Ramos ....

15. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

TBF to Ramos, it's us that needs to let it go, he's inky responding to the constant spiel we keep churning out.

Diego, Libby and BobbyD like this.
  16. RogerisontheHunt

RogerisontheHunt Well-Known Member

Can honesty say I really don't care what colour, race, sexual orientation or gender etc someone is, when it comes to sport I care about ability, performance, work rate and endeavour.

I criticise Sterling because of obvious flaws in his game, frankly his turn out at the WC deserves questioning and lambasting as he was poor.
    The personal life stuff doesn't bother me too much, if he were still our player and I thought it was impacting on his performance I might care somewhat, but as you say these things seem more to be connected to being young and having too much money and time on his hands and being a bit of a moron, things not exclusive to Black people.

As to the papers raking this stuff up, well he's a well known public figure and footballers behaving badly sells papers. There was no suggestion of race when Gazza was being splashed all over the front and back pages, nor Beckham for his celebrity lifestyle.
    That being said I don't doubt that certain reporters and newspapers are enjoying that the easy target is Black, there is still alot of institutionalism and old prejudices being held.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
    johnsonsbaby likes this.
  17. SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING

SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING Well-Known Member

I might have missed something with Sterling because I’m struggling to see the criticism to be racist tbh.

His football is hugely frustrating. He’s an enigma. He has this massive ability to get into the right place at the right time but his finishing, decision making or final ball are woeful....or it has been so far. This is not because he’s black, it’s because he’s (been) sh*t at the latter parts of the game. If he were white, he’d still be ah*t at that and he’d still be very frustrating and equally criticised accordingly. Imo.

Previously he’s been on the news for consuming nitrous oxide (hippy crack) - f#cking stupid tw@t. I hold that view not because he’s black but because he’s a f#cking stupid twat.

Or perhaps it’s over the tattoo which for me was a bit of a liberal storm in a tea cup......there’s aome validity in the criticism given but really who cares what an overpaid primadonna does with his body? And to the point would a white footballing primadonna been criticised equally by the liberal do gooders? I think so.

So like I said, and I may well have missed something, I just don’t see the criticism being racially driven at all.

18. SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING

SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING Well-Known Member

In other news, I’ve just see about the De Bruyne injury. They’ll have decent cover obviously but this gives others a little bit of hope.

19. moreinjuredthanowen

mahrez is certainly not cover for kdb.

they will.need to rejig but any little thing that might change them from record points scorers to merely a top team gives everyone hope.

SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING likes this.
  20. astro

astro Well-Known Member