1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours transfer thread fact and fiction

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by remembercolinlee, Feb 1, 2017.

1. The RDBD

The RDBD Well-Known Member

Hack talk is that :

- Spurs want him on loan first for the rest of the season

- PSG would like him off the books ASAP if they can (FFP etc)

- Moura himself is in 'Eden Hazard PL slut' mode
    regarding Man Utd and Spurs.

2. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

I was saying we should make a play for Moura last summer, given he'd add pace to our attacking line and he's been pretty consistent with goals and assists for PSG for the past three seasons. More than anything else, though, is the fact he's on £62k p/w at PSG so (barring going full Barkley) he'd comfortably fit into our wage structure - and with just eighteen months on his contract and PSG looking to comply with Ligue 1's FFP rules, there's a potential Levying waiting to happen.

Roo and The Changing Man like this.
  3. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

Out of interest what do you think Sonny is worth in the market?

70 Mill minimum I think

4. deedub93

deedub93 Well-Known Member

And the rest mate, if Alexis Sanchez is worth £180M then Sonny could be the first half billion pound player. Sonny puts in more effort in 90 minutes than Alexis puts in a whole season. He is more humble, supports his team mates and is a better human being all round. He scores better goals as well.

Lovearsenalcock likes this.
  5. PowerSpurs

PowerSpurs Well-Known Member

There is a fan sitting near me at Wembley who spends the whole of the match shouting how rubbish we are. He spent most of the West Ham match saying that Son was playing as a 3 out of 10 player and needed to be taken off. I felt compelled to point out his error when Son scored. He has berated Davies all season as not being fit to tie Danny Rose's shoe laces. I doubt he thinks any of our players is worth 50m.

remembercolinlee likes this.
  6. Rocky blue army

Rocky blue army Well-Known Member

I hate it when you get stuck sitting next to a knobhead who slags everyone off and clearly has little knowledge of football. Sometimes makes me think why they bother going.That's the good thing about standing you can always move or tell him to feck off

7. humanbeingincroydon

please log in to view this image

Now that I've got your attention, CCV's gone back out

Dier Hard likes this.
  8. Rocky blue army

Rocky blue army Well-Known Member

That's good news must mean Toby is on schedule to return

9. Blue and White

Blue and White Well-Known Member

Apparently back to full training next week- ready for the @pool game.

So say the rumours I've heard.

Rocky blue army likes this.
  10. Citizen Kane

Citizen Kane Danny Rosebud

The Bundesliga Complementary Buffet table continues to serve up delicious meals on the house for Bayern's voracious appetite as Leon Goretzka signs a pre-contract that will see him join the German giants for free in the summer.

On the one hand, at least this means Liverpool and Arsenal fans will shut up about him.

But on the other hand, what is wrong with the german league?! Do they not see the insanity of their transfer strategy?? They have essentially created a system where every single player not yet at Bayern is effectively on loan from Bayern and call be recalled - for free - at any moment. Sheer madness.

11. humanbeingincroydon

I've seen one Spurs blog suggest that our January business needs to include "registering an interest" in Aubameyang etc to dick over the Nomads by driving up the asking price.

No, we should not be doing that. Low rent clubs with ideas so far above their station that even NASA couldn't help attain them would think that was a sound strategy, as evidenced by West Scam popping their head above the parapet with every single player we were linked with a couple of summers ago, but not a club aiming to not be a laughing stock of every other set of fans in the country.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
  12. humanbeingincroydon

Chris Wilder says that CCV wasn't recalled, Sheffield United sent him back as they couldn't guarantee him games in the second half of the season as they're dialled in to a play-off push.

This makes a lot of sense, truth be told, as keeping a step ahead of the teams chasing them means they have to focus on getting points on the board and, if CCV can't be relied on to help them do that - and he's certainly not been consistent on loan - that's going to stand in the way of him starting. Similar happened with Kane's loan to Leicester (although that's not how their boneheaded fans remember it, as they somehow convinced themselves it's Kane's fault that Nigel Pearson never played him so he must be booed for it)

That's why his loan to Ipswich (and Edwards' to Norwich) make sense, as right now they're comfortably ahead of the relegation places but a little way off from the playoffs, so they're less likely to need players dialled in to promotion or survival and more likely to give games to the two of them. So if the likes of Georgiou or Harrison are loaned to Forest, QPR or Brentford, you know why.

13. "Thanks for that Brian"

"Thanks for that Brian" Well-Known Member

CCV started off like a train but his form has declined in the latter part of his time at Sheffield United. That's the way of things with young players. It's all gone a bit less manic on the "Rashford is the best player ever" hype train. People are learning how to play him and he has to work that out. How he'll do that with Sanchez in his position is unclear?

Centre half is a position for experience. The difference in reading the game and knowing when to attack the ball, when to hold your ground and when to drop off between Jan and the younger Juan Foyth, CCV and even Davinson Sanchez is huge right now. His understanding of when to stick and when to twist will determine whether he has a future at the top of the game. At around his age, Harry Kane's future was still in the balance. Mick McCarthy was an effective centre half, maybe he can help CCV on this?

CCV's game is not helped by him not being the fastest at turning and getting back at forwards when they've got past him. Having that pace gets Davinson Sanchez out of a number of unwise decisions. CCV was playing right side of a 3 and teams started to exploit this by putting the ball behind him and making him turn, thereby using pace to get in behind him. Maybe Ipswich will use him more centrally? Harry Maguire was 22/23 when he really started to look a really good player. Likewise Michael Keane. Alfie Mawson went from being loaned out a few times by Brentford to a move to Barnsley before being signed by Swansea. I wish CCV well. There's still time for him to progress.

14. PowerSpurs

PowerSpurs Well-Known Member

I've now seen Chelsea linked with Carroll, Crouch, Dzeko and Llorente.

Surely these are all made up stories?

15. humanbeingincroydon

Reports in Brazil are suggesting that we're about to gazump the Nomads and sign Malcom, suggesting a fee of €40m with €10m in add-ons - and, if we do actually complete the signing (and that is one hell of a large "if"), that would imply that we're passing on Lucas Moura because at that point the only reason we'd sign both is if we're expecting a high profile departure from the attacking trio.

To be honest I'm in two minds about this.

Malcom more obviously fits into the MO of both Poch and the club, as there's more room for manoeuvre with his wages (he's on £21k p/w at Bordeaux, which is a third of what PSG pay Moura) and with him not turning 21 until next month there's plenty of time to mold him into the player we want him to be, and there's certainly enough about him to say he's got both the skill to get around defenders as well as the intelligence to pick out a defence-splitting pass much like Moura does.

On the other hand, though, unless Moura's expecting a wage bump I can't understand why we didn't go with a known quantity, and on top of that Moura certainly has two things Malcom doesn't: a significant amount of pace (not that I'm suggesting Malcom is a plodder, but he won't be beating Rose, Aurier, GKN or Son in the 100m anytime soon) and a reliable goal threat, as Malcom has been picking up a reputation for being Townsendesque whenever he gets sight of goal, albeit he's more likely to hit Row F than Andros' preferred target of the floodlights.

It's also worth noting that he faced disciplinary action from Bordeaux the other night after posting a video of him and a couple of teammates laughing and joking following a 2-0 defeat to Caen - although it's been pointed out that Bordeaux's reaction is a bit OTT considering the video is little more than Malcom and friends saying it was a bit cold on Tuesday evening

Meanwhile, in other speculative news...

16. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

So excited by you CCV news I totally missed your meme <whistle>

17. Citizen Kane

Citizen Kane Danny Rosebud

I'd leave Onomah at Villa. He's gaining plenty of minutes under an experienced manager and so far hasn't looked like he's finding the championship too easy. Recall him now and let's be honest he might get a couple of starts in the cup (if he isn't cup tied) and the odd cameo here and there in the league and that is literally it.

January is the time to loan players out as the chances of them featuring decreases drastically as you enter the business end of the season.

18. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

£100m for me. After Harry and Dele (maybe Eriksen, too), I'd say he's next in line in terms of being the most valuable.

He's become a quality player, has been key to our attacking success for the past 18 months, still hasn't reached his prime, is constantly mentioned as being one of the most loved/ charismatic guys in the dressing room and he's essentially the Asian David Beckham. It's not just his South Koreans that love him but all of Asia, so even if you didn't rate him as a player, the sheer fact he brings a whole continent's worth of attention to your club is massive in terms of financials.

Lovearsenalcock likes this.
  19. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Not sure what to make of the Malcom link. Don't know enough about him to judge as Ligue 1 rarely draws my attention. YouTube clips suggests he's a real talent (though you could make Titus Bramble look as good as Maldini with YouTube) and is at a perfect age for Poch to mould, his stats for someone so young are also very impressive. I'm not usually one that reads too much into journo bollocks but the line of "THFC promised Malcom and his representatives that they would make him one of the best players in Europe within three years" is something very Pochy.

If it happens then it'll be interesting, if it doesn't, I don't think too many will be fussed.

Anyways, CM still remains my priority :)

20. Roo

Roo Well-Known Member

Because going for an unknown quantity is what we seem to do. And we hope it turns out for the best.

There’s been many youngsters that we’ve taken a £12mill approx (or less) punt on in the past, with little track record. N’Jie, N’Koudou, Holtby etc.

Which is what makes this even weirder. (Or probably just utter bullshit to be honest). If Malcom really is rumoured to be that much, I don’t see that happening. Levy will be very wary after spending £30m on Sissoko. With it being very very unlikely that we’ll spend big, it’s far more likely that we’ll resort to an even cheaper alternative punt that we’ve seen many of in recent years. Or probably no one at all.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018