1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours transfer thread fact and fiction

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by remembercolinlee, Feb 1, 2017.

1. deedub93

deedub93 Well-Known Member

Why? Surely if our percentage is 30% and we gave them £50M for him they would have to give us £15M back. Dont under estimate Mr Levy.

2. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

Rabiot Watch

Inter Milan are hoping to beat Arsenal and Tottenham to the signing of 22-year-old Paris St-Germain and France midfielder Adrien Rabiot. (BBC gossip...via talkBALLS...via CalcioMercato)

3. Citizen Kane

Citizen Kane Danny Rosebud

Ousmane "I'm on strike" Dembele lasted all of half an hour in his Barca debut against Getafe before going off injured. It has now emerged that he will require surgery, and will probably be out until late January.

Karma is a frightful bitch.

4. humanbeingincroydon

The window hasn't been closed three weeks and there's already murmurs, with Turkish sources deciding Cenk Tosun will be the first Turk to play for Spurs (unlike the 673 linked to us by Turkish sources before them...) while there's also talk of going back with a new bid for Andre Gomes.

5. "Thanks for that Brian"

"Thanks for that Brian" Well-Known Member

An interesting and very informed article about Davinson Sanchez...........

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...rated-midfielder-to-38m-tottenham-centre-back

I like the fact that he's had to battle to get where he is and has strength of character. He was expensive but he looks worth every penny already. Sure, there's the odd thing he's yet to learn but his potential is enormous. With his hard nosed efficiency and Foyth's silky ball skills and KWP and CCV, we have future proofed our defence....................................albeit Serge Aurier and Ben Davies are only 24 themselves and Kieran Trippier's just 26.

Now, we just need a young world class left back. Ryan Sessegnon anyone?

Lovearsenalcock likes this.
  6. The RDBD

The RDBD Well-Known Member

Buying + immediate loan-back to Fulham is what should have
    happened at some stage over the past few transfer windows.

Lovearsenalcock and deedub93 like this.
  7. humanbeingincroydon

As we've gone a whole month without being linked with a German youngster, the papers have gladly linked us with Werder Bremen U19 midfielder David Philipp, who fails on the most basic level of Danny Rose scouting as he doesn't even have a Wikipedia page...

8. littleDinosaurLuke

littleDinosaurLuke Well-Known Member

Yep, he seems a perfect fit for Spurs.

9. humanbeingincroydon

I see the "Barkley will be Dembele's long-term successor" headlines have resurfaced this afternoon.

Since nobody seems to have realised that saying a player whose game is completely different to another cannot be a long-term successor, I'm looking forward to the reports that Barca see Coutinho as the long-term successor to Mascherano...

10. humanbeingincroydon

Not quite the player we were hoping it would be...

11. "Thanks for that Brian"

It seems that Nabil Bentaleb is not exactly the player Schalke thought they were getting..........

Speaking to Germany’s SportBild, Schalke general manager Christian Heidel was asked about signing the player from Tottenham for €r 19m:

“With Bentaleb you always forget that he is just 22, because he looks a little older. This is the market. He would probably cost €7m three years ago, yes. But I cannot help it.”

Don't fret sir, it's a common occurrence. You could share your tears with the current clubs of Ricky Lambert, Morgan Schneiderlin, Dejan Loveren, Callum Chambers, Luke Shaw, et al. They all looked great playing for Mauricio Pochettino as well.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
  12. "Thanks for that Brian"

Vincent Janssen has spoken to confirm that West Brom bid £23m for him and Brighton were also a possible destination for him at the end of the transfer window.

His attitude to those possibilities is not great.....

"I could have joined West Brom or Brighton. What would have happened had I joined one of them? I do not want to think about it. I do not think about it."

Vincent, you would have played a far higher standard of football and learned a great deal of use to you in making a career than is ging to be the case in Turkey.

13. The RDBD

The RDBD Well-Known Member

Janssen could have a stellar season in Turkey and
    perhaps still not cut it in the PL. Brighton would have
    been a no-brainer for both personal and Spurs reasons.

As it is, I suspect he is out the door either in January
    or the summer.

14. NotSoMightyEastbourneBoro

At least Brighton are starting to play the right way after a bit too much of a cautious start to the season. They do have a lively midfield that create chances but lack that real focal point upfront. Also, while not exactly metropolitan, it is a great little place to live down here. Sea, South Downs, lively city and not too far from London (don't mention Southern Sodding Rail) and a quick pop across the channel to Europe. If Brighton can keep a grip on their Premiership status and keep inching forward then they have a really good opportunity to become a rock solid club. Also the competition down here is pants (though the Not-So-Mighty Eastbourne Boro have rocketed up the National League South table to a heady 9th! Catching them up fast........ish).

15. "Thanks for that Brian"

The Mirror are suggesting that we are interested in Everton's recent signing from Charlton, Ademola Lookman. It's probably just speculation following his lack of game time this season although he may be finding Mouserville and Koeman's management style hard to adjust to and might just be pining for a return to London.

The problem is that Koeman and Moshiri thought that an injured Barkley with 12 months on his contract was worth £50m and eventually accepted £35m. What they value this kid at one can only wonder. Whatever it is, we won't be getting anywhere close to it. We can file this under 'H', for Hot Air.

16. Did I miss his transfer?? Thought he was out injured til the NY??

17. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

Chelsea bid £35m which Everton accepted but Barkley refused to join them

Spur of the Moment likes this.
  18. humanbeingincroydon

I'm starting to think the reason Janssen turned down moves to Brighton and Kvetch Brom was because he wanted to avoid our press calling him "Spurs flip" instead of his actual name in every single headline this season.

This theory only works if NewsNow is one of the sites Erdogan has banned in Turkey, though...

19. Citizen Kane

I thought Kane made Schindler look quite listless for most of the game.

20. Citizen Kane

Wrong thread <doh>