1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

2012 Predictions / Driver Line-up / News etc...

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by genjigonzales, Jun 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. genjigonzales

genjigonzales Active Member

I literally can't find anywhere to post the news that Jarno Trulli is thinking of hanging up his spurs and moseying on out of town at the end of this season. One of those special single-victory drivers, like Panis and Alesi, Trulli's career was unnaturally prolonged, in my opinion, by being a decent qualifier and racing in the days when overtaking was impossible. Nonetheless he has survived in the sport (if only as moaner in chief) when greater potential and talent has been cast aside and his retirement from F1 will represent another step into the future.

With nowhere else to post that tribute I thought I'd set up the standard "who's going where" thread for next season. Currently confirmed line-ups are:

- RED BULL RACING -
    VETTEL
    WEBBER

- MCLAREN MERCEDES -
    HAMILTON
    BUTTON

- FERRARI -
    ALONSO
    MASSA

- MERCEDES GP -
    SCHUMACHER
    ROSBERG

- LOTUS F1 -
    GROSJEAN
    RAIKKONEN

- FORCE INDIA MERCEDES -
    DI RESTA
    HULKENBERG

- SAUBER F1 -
    KOBAYASHI
    PEREZ

- TORO ROSSO FERRARI -
    RICCIARDO
    VERGNE

- WILLIAMS -
    SENNA
    MALDONADO

- CATERHAM F1 -
    KOVALAINEN
    PETROV

- HRT COSWORTH -
    DE LA ROSA
    KARTHIKEYAN. For the moment.

- MARUSSIA COSWORTH -
    GLOCK
    PIC

2. WestCoastBoogaloo

WestCoastBoogaloo Well-Known Member

Thanks for the link Genji. It's not utterly surprising is it? I had my doubts that Trulli would stick around into next season after the first few races. Was it unrealistic of him to think he'd be fighting in the midfield this year? Possibly, but he's already scored two 13th places with is better than last year. I guess he knows he hasn't got long before he's replaced by Chandhok.

3. Forza Bianchi

Forza Bianchi Well-Known Member

That would explain the "big plans" for Chandhok.

Just like Kubica is to Renault, Massa is also under contract, but as we saw in 2010 a contract is no guarantee of a race seat, and if Massa doesn't improve, he won't be at Ferrari next year.

4. u408379965

u408379965 Well-Known Member

Schumacher confirmed but not Rosberg. <yikes>

Would like to see someone like Hulkenberg or Di Resta replace Schumacher. He isn't as good as he was, isn't doing himself any favours and certainly isn't doing his team any (which was his reason for coming back apparently).

I think Webber, Kubica, Buemi and both Sauber drivers (assuming Perez still wants to <ok>) will be kept on. Alguersuari will be replaced by Ricciardo. Sutil may be under pressure if Di Resta keeps beating him. Heidfeld and Liuzzi could both do a good job for the "new teams", but they'll probably go for pay drivers.

5. Bergkamp a Dutch master

I'd agree Massa is doubtful.

6. genjigonzales

Yes - these are contractual confirmations (except Button's but since the team has been very public about retaining him it's unlikely to fall through) and it is possible at this stage that some 'unconfirmed' drivers are more sure of driving for their current teams than other drivers who actually have a 2012 contract. I haven't 'confirmed' Kubica's name for obvious reasons.

7. Delete Me

Delete Me Well-Known Member

He said there was no rush to renew the contract, it's on the table, it just hasn't been agreed with yet.

He might be asking for number one status, who knows...

Lets be honest no Ferrari driver is safe from being replaced so you might as well put TBC on Massa.

8. WestCoastBoogaloo

WestCoastBoogaloo Well-Known Member

Hasn't Rosberg been putting out feelers to the other teams, letting them know he is available?

9. genjigonzales

I'm going to chuck Grosjean into the mix as well, just because he's been discussed on the French GP thread.

10. Delete Me

Oh yes, Nico has been linked to many teams like: Red Bull=Webber, McLaren=Lewis and Ferrari=Massa.

Can't take the rumours seriously though even if he is teasing other teams.

11. genjigonzales

Allegedly, but only as much as Hamilton did. Who knows - maybe they want another team to take them as a pair in the same way Coughlan and Stepney went to Honda looking for a job.

It was rumoured a couple of weeks ago that Rosberg was going to sign for Mercedes until 2016 so I expect he's just feeling out the top teams to make sure he's not making a mistake in committing himself.

12. Masanari

Masanari Active Member

Hey if Grosjean gets a ?blue maybe? then I want one for Bruno Senna as well seeing as he has a much better chance of getting the seat than Grosjean.

13. Delete Me

You might as well put Maldonado's money with the Williams team, they need his green.

14. genjigonzales

Oh alright then.

15. u408379965

I think Kovalainen will be retained too.

16. genjigonzales

Is that just off the top of your head or is it likely? Williams posted a 24% increase in profits in 2010 and will receive last year's prize money this year. I don't know how much finance Maldonado brings in but he hasn't performed well on the track this season.

17. Delete Me

Off the top of my head.

No sum has been said that i've seen, but it's PDVSA backing him so it has to be a big sum if he is as crap as you say he is genji ;)

Also put Hulkenberg down for a seat at Force India, I'm sure if one of them doesn't perform enough he will get the seat.

18. u408379965

He's looked a lot better than Hulkenberg in my opinion. Barrichello hasn't been close to him in qualifying last three races, and he was brilliant in Monaco.

19. genjigonzales

I didn't say Maldonado was crap but he's not getting decent results. I'll stick him in though, just because of his petrodollars. What about Barrichello?

20. Delete Me

Don't worry just joking, knew what you meant ;)

With Rubens......well like with all "older" drivers, they're a ticking timebomb, in the sense how long is it until they have had enough etc...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.