1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

2010/11. Good or Bad season?

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by TrifficSpurs, May 29, 2011.

1. TrifficSpurs

TrifficSpurs Member

At the very beginning of this season, would you have accepted:
    - 5th in the Premier League.
    - Quarter finals of the Champions League.
    - Nothing in the Carling/FA Cup.

I can't say I would have done. We could definitely had got 4th this year; I still don't think City are as good as everyone thinks.

What would you take next season?

4th is the ONLY priority for me.

2. The Mighty Thor

The Mighty Thor Well-Known Member

Agree Triffic. It can only be described as a less than fair season. We finished lower this than last and 2 of our strikers were mediocre and one was poorish. Our goalkeeper made more blunders than ever and some of Harry's tactics and substitutions were iffy. The failure to sign anyone in January and just capitulating in the cups was unacceptable. I would give Harry one more season to win something and if not then bye bye. I'm not satisfied. So many chances went begging and Harry persisted with a player who was deteriorating for a while.....Defoe. I have to say that old Dawnjay chickasaw was right about him. We need improvements. Ledley King fit and a new goalkeeper. Pienaar out and Parker in. 4th place and a good run in the Europa next season.

3. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad Well-Known Member

City improved by 4 points

Which could easily have been outdone by getting 12 points from West Ham, Wigan, WBA and Blackpool at home instead of the 3 points we actually got

Harry is out of order for saying we could challenge for the title and then admitting he can't take the team any higher than 4th

4. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad

City lost to Wolves, Sunderland, Everton, drew with a lot of other teams and depended on Tevez

They would not have gotten top 4 without him

5. Thudd

Thudd Guest

City were not dependent on Tevez towards the end of the season... Players like Ya-Ya and Johnson, Kompany, Richards ect made them a 4th place team they have grown as a unit and because of this they got 4th!

6. The Mighty Thor

The Mighty Thor Well-Known Member

I stand back in amazement and gasp. Luke,some football debate from you at last rather than the your normal overt attempts to provoke. Christ almighty and I don't post that too often. Well done,you can do it. No,I didn't really take City into account as they are an inconsistent team so any improvement in them was not considered by me. They could have been thrashed by Liverpool which would have rocked their confidence but the former took their foot off the pedal and to me that was an end of season defining result for City(a little). We let ourselves down but as you say it's all up for grabs next season.

7. Spurf

Spurf Thread Mover
    Forum Moderator

The close season will be interesting. Who we sell who we buy. Midfield is fine and as Sandro settles in should be better. Defence is dependent on what happens to King and Woodgate, either or making a bigger contribution, if not a new player is needed. Goalkeeper, this has to be addressed can Cuducini return to something close to his Chelsea form, we badly need a reliable rock of a player here. It doesn't matter how good your team is, if you let in silly goals you will not win anything. Strikers, well we all know what is needed there.

As I have said elsewhere, we have underachieved this season and could have done better. Coming to terms with the emergence of Bale and the addition of VDV changed the team to such an extent it has almost been a transitional season. Harry did not do enough to organise the team effectively IMO, he took too long to introduce Pav on a regular basis too long to realise VDV was causing new problems for our strikers and too long to replace Gomes with Cuducini. Why does it take half a season to work out why our goalscoring was so poor.

Apart from that it was great <laugh>

8. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad

City got top 4 because of our slip ups

We were all over them in both games but came away with 1 point thanks to our rubbish strikers