1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

12 months on....

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Caldicot Cider Red, Dec 1, 2014.

1. Caldicot Cider Red

Caldicot Cider Red Well-Known Member

....and this is SC's record to date. P46 W22 D16 L8 GD+26 Pts82 ......not bad wouldn't you say :)

2. banksyisourhero

banksyisourhero Well-Known Member

I wish we would have got him before SOD what a poor appointment that turned out to be.

3. Mind the gap!

Mind the gap! Well-Known Member

SOD was the captain of a sinking ship, a disorientated dejected squad, a result of many years of bad managers.
    He was out of his depth and had to go when he did, the game with Sheffield United beforehand was the second worse I had seen in my life, just after when we gave up the season before against Wolves.

Mcinnes would have left us in a better position.

4. banksyisourhero

banksyisourhero Well-Known Member

I have to say I thought SOD was clueless, I honestly reckon I could have done better myself. he was a weirdo to top it off.

That second half championship season when we just gave up our status without even a sniff of a fight was shameful and embarrassing, the way the whole club and many fans accepted it was also shocking..

5. gdknac

gdknac Well-Known Member

That Sheff U game was terrible- Probably wouldn't have scored if we were still playing now-

Just wondered for you what was a game worse than that?!

6. Lan Logger

Lan Logger Well-Known Member

SOD did us a favour, he made our board go for the complete opposite character to him

7. Shinycitylad7

Shinycitylad7 Looking at the stars mate

SOD should have been sacked before we won at Carlisle. wasn't it 22 games without a win at that point.... Amazing that under cotts we went 22 games unbeaten!

Forest sacked Cotterill for SOD we did it the other way around

8. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

Humble pie once again,the guy has turned us around with SLs backing.

Take us up and i reckon we will have another corker next season <applause><applause><applause>

9. Bigjohnatyeo

Bigjohnatyeo Well-Known Member

Worst match I have ever seen at ashton gate that game v sheff utd & I have been going down the gate for 56 years!

10. Mind the gap!

Mind the gap! Well-Known Member

The game at Wolves away the season before was worse. Wolves were ****e, we were worse, we let in 2 sloppy goals, didn't even have a mediocre chance all game. Our goal was from the biggest cock up I have seen in my life from a keeper.

11. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

We bought players banked on the sale of Baldock. If you weigh up the ins v the outs we will be in profit. I hold Cotts personally responsible for that peice of work.

12. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

Not just Baldock,but the big wage earners were shipped out.he has been very astute with all his signings.

13. gdknac

gdknac Well-Known Member

Been going since 1970- Didn't see the Wolves game away-Nearly went to sleep during that Sheff U game- My wife didn't (wouldn't) go the rest of that season, she hated SOD with a passion and it took some convincing to get her to come back- Luckily the team have done that for her this season- What a contrast!

14. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

I said on th old 606 site a few years back that he would be a good appointment at the Gate, I think it was post GJ, and I got shot down big time. His record in L1 is very good and not bad in the Championship either. I think we will go up this year and stay up the year after and hopefully the club can stabilise and rebuild and cement a place as a solid top half/top 10 club in the Championship.