1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

…song as old as rhyme – Report by Clive

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by QPR999, Dec 11, 2016.

1. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

…song as old as rhyme – Report

Sunday, 11th Dec 2016 19:36 by Clive Whittingham

QPR, naturally, lost 1-0 to the league’s bottom side Rotherham United in South Yorkshire on Saturday, a result that leaves the R’s just three points above the drop zone.

A result so obvious we not only tipped it exactly in the preview but teed up the first half of the headline.

For Rotherham United, a second win of the season in this their twentieth game. Just the second clean sheet of the season for a defence that has shipped 45 goals already this year, more than two a game on average and at least a dozen more than any other team in the league. The Millers still ten points from safety despite the victory, and yet despite all this it rarely looked in doubt and should have been by a greater margin. They were, for almost the entire duration of the game, by far the better team with the better players.

The rest can be read here ... http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/44468/…song-as-old-as-rhyme-–-report

2. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

It's a lot more complimentary of the team and Holloway than I would have been.

3. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

Yet another sad read. This is happening far too often!
    The blow of yesterday's defeat was marginally softened when I got an email from a very good friend to inform me that the minute's silence at the beginning was for his Dad and another player from the 40's and 50's era. RIP to a particularly congenial and charming gent.
    Two home games now against top teams. We need that 12th man again. I fear it may be hard to produce that unless we see something worth cheering.

NorwayRanger likes this.
  4. Telford Ranger

Telford Ranger Well-Known Member

When was the last time we really saw something worth cheering for any length of time, over a number of games, rather than the odd OBZ moment, that particular moment purchased with a wage bill exceeding two previous Champions League finalists as we limped and crawled out of the Championship? When was the last time we looked forward to games week in week out? For me it was that autumn back in the Prem under Warnock and...... aarrggh sod it. Can't be arsed any more. We all know who screwed it up and until he's gone we're just shambling around in his wake hoping he'll luck out eventually and stumble out of his incompetence into something that matches his PR machine's hype. I'll continue to go and support the team when I can. I won't boo players or managers. I won't even boo the cretin Fernandes but he needs going asap.

5. acricketer

acricketer Well-Known Member

"Width. Width. My ****ing kingdom for some width. Nothing sums up the apparent chasm in understanding between the common man in the stand and the “football people” in charge than two successive QPR managers refusing to play with wingers this season.
    I, we, obviously don’t know what we’re talking about.
    But the results are starting to speak louder than anything."

Who needs wingers? Pah!

6. StortfordQPR

StortfordQPR Well-Known Member

Absolutely - who would want to see exciting young players scaring opposition full backs with pace? Give me sideways passing of the ball in our own half any day <steam>
    First and foremost I go to football to be entertained, and we've had depressingly little of this in the last 3 seasons

7. YorkshireHoopster

YorkshireHoopster Well-Known Member

I'm glad that someone has hit the nail on the head abut our poor unloved maestro Sandro. He is not, to coin a Redknappism, a player of the right sort. We will never sort anything out while we're dependent on such a prima donna. Take what we can for him in January and give the money to Holloway to bring in someone who cares.

8. Kilburn

Kilburn Well-Known Member

We could certainly use the services of this pair of wingers like these - not sure if we currently have the right players wearing the #9 and #10 shirts capable of putting all those crosses in the back of the net.

please log in to view this image

9. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

We'd play them as inverse wingers, instructing both to drift inside.

10. Frome-Ranger

Frome-Ranger Well-Known Member

I'm starting to look forward to Clive's report more than our games, at least with hiscwrite up you are guaranteed some entertainment.