1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

“Hwyl Fawr Kit”

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Cottager58, Apr 5, 2015.

1. Cottager58

Cottager58 Well-Known Member

Was never quite sure but Kit was indeed with the Welsh squad during the International break. However, Chris Coleman is about to say, “Goodbye Kit”. Apparently the Wales v Belgium game in June is going to be Kit’s last, with Coleman telling reporters;

”He will have a pre-season to go through and all the planning for a new season which is a big task. His job this year was to keep them up, but next season it will be to get them up and that changes things”

Story: http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/434710/Chris-Coleman-Wales-Kit-Symons

Sounds like a misplaced version of the ‘Chairman’s Vote of Confidence’.

2. FFC_Madness

FFC_Madness Well-Known Member

Was he?

Said many times that Kit is at a level that can be with the Wales team...

3. silkship

silkship Well-Known Member

My stomach sinks at the thought he might still be here next season, would seriously consider not renewing my season ticket, I can't take any more.

4. Cottager58

Ah yes, that time of the year again. Will be interesting to see what the marketing ploy is this time around.

And come on Silky you know you won't jump ship! What would be a good enough incentive though (apart from Kit going) - same price and £100 off for early-bird?

5. Cottager58

Kit is (at long last) apparently stepping away from his Assistant Coach job with Wales. I think the Club may have put their foot down and this is one of the conditions on him keeping his job with us.

please log in to view this image

"The former centre-back, capped 37 times for his country, has been Chris Coleman’s right-hand man since January 2012 and has continued to work for his country despite being handed the managerial job at Craven Cottage. Coleman spoke to Fulham chairman Shahid Khan before the trip to Belgium in November for permission to take their manager and Symons was involved again for the away trip to Israel and this week’s victory over the Belgians. But the Welsh boss revealed after their 1-0 win in Cardiff that he is having to say goodbye to Symons and allow him to prepare for his first full season in charge of Fulham.

“We will have a chat but I think Kit will have to stop and concentrate on Fulham,” Coleman said. “It will be a shame for him to go as he has done really well, but managing a club and working with your country is very difficult to do. He is probably very emotional as he has represented Wales for 25 years as a player and coach and I will miss him. I have got his replacement, but he is in work at a club and until he puts pen to paper we cannot make it official.”

Source: http://www.london24.com/sport/football/clubs/fulham/cottagers_boss_very_emotional_after_big_decision_1_4111338

6. kunye

kunye Well-Known Member

As I have not renewed my season ticket I have been bombarded with e/m from the club,
    each one offering a little more incentive.
    comes Oct/Nov a free ticket and maybe a lunch thrown in "who knows?"

7. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

If you hold out long enough, kunye, they'll be offering you the managers job.

8. kunye

kunye Well-Known Member

It appears that Warburton has been appointed coach of G Rangers,
    this was one of my hopes as our new manager.
    looking more and more likely that Kit will still be with us at start of season.
    Oh dear oh dear.

9. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

Looks like Kit will be replaced as Wales coach by another of our old boys, Paul Trollope.