1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

‘If a Premier League offer comes in he may leave’ Aston Villa and QPR target could make Wolves exit

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by kiwiqpr, Jan 4, 2015.

1. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

‘If a Premier League offer comes in he may leave’ Aston Villa and QPR target could make Wolves exit
    10:15 04 January 2015
    please log in to view this image

Bakary Sako of Wolverhampton Wanderers (Photo by Ker Robertson/Getty Images)
    2015 Getty Images
    Kenny Jackett is hoping Bakary Sako will still be a Wolves player when he returns from the African Nations Cup.

Saturday’s 0-0 draw with Fulham in the FA Cup third round was the 26-year-old’s last game for the Black Country side before heading to the tournament in Equatorial Guinea with Mali.
    It was a match in which Sako looked the most likely to be the difference, hitting the post in what was yet another impressive performance from the Wolves winger.
    “Anybody would miss him and we will,” manager Jackett said. “He is very popular with the crowd, popular with the players.
    “He obviously goes to the African Nations now, but the plus side is that the window is open.
    “We’ve got to make sure we work hard enough internally and externally, if needed, to cover that gap that’s going to be there.”
    Jackett is hoping such additions will be a stop-gap rather than a permanent replacement for Sako, admitting they could be “vulnerable” if previous interest is firmed up.
    “We’ve been open with the player about possibilities and, in particular, Premier League possibilities,” Jackett said.
    “I try to be as honest as I can with the player about the situation. That’s helped us because his form has been good.
    “His ambition is the Premier League - so is ours - but as and when something comes of that sort of level, we’ll deal with it then.
    “But, personally, do I hope it doesn’t happen? Yes, I do.”
    Sako’s commitments with Mali means he will miss the third-round replay with Fulham - a match which would have been avoided had Leon Clarke not fluffed his lines.
    All the 29-year-old striker had to do was tap home after Sako’s low strike was turned onto the post, yet he somehow turned wide with the goal gaping.
    “It came at him very quick,” Jackett said. “It was the standout chance of the game after it came back off the post.
    “We would have all loved him to have put that in and I am sure he would have, but that’s forwards. You have to take those on the chin when they come.”

2. Hoop-Leif

Hoop-Leif Well-Known Member

Laughable.

We need attacking help NOW, not in 5 weeks or however long the African nations lasts.

More crapola journalism

3. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Oh good, a winger. Super.