1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

£4m Offer for Kodjia

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by wizered, Jun 5, 2016.

1. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

2. Mind the gap!

Mind the gap! Well-Known Member

Very low offer, will not be happy if he goes for that much especially to a championship side

3. Shinycitylad7

Shinycitylad7 Looking at the stars mate

He won't. Johnson has said we'll only sale for silly money. Which I would assume means 10m plus... Yes Kodjia isn't worth that but to us he is, and if someone from the league wants him, it will only be a team that's pretty much guaranteed to be challenging. So if they sign him and he gets them promoted, 10m will be nothing. There's also the sell on clause to thing about.

4. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

If Grey went for 9 million after one season in the championship, I'm sure we would be sensible to hold out for at a minimum this amount. If not then the club needs a boot in the bollocks as his value if he does the same next season would be a lot higher.

5. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

Reckon a team will come in with a offer the club will take.

6. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

we do not have a replacement so cant see us letting him go .. if they did well hypocrisy has not left AG

7. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

I reckon £6 mill with a sell on clause and we would sell, and tbh that's a good deal for us

8. Shinycitylad7

Shinycitylad7 Looking at the stars mate

If we're rejecting 4m we won't accept 6 after saying we want "silly money"

9. Mind the gap!

I can see him going to a prem club.

I personally wouldn't choose Derby over City for career progression. They aren't bigger than us and I can see them failing to get promoted for many seasons to come.

10. Red Robin

Nothing less than 10 million,simply put it would cost that to replace him,i hope we get Dack/Tomlin/Winnall

11. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

Derby County are considerably bigger than us with a reasonably successful history compared to ours.

Domestic honours
    FA Cup - Winners: 1946

FA Charity Shield
    - Winners: 1975

12. NickH

NickH Well-Known Member

I don't know quite how much the success of a club in the 30s and 70s would sway the decision of a player - particularly a foreign player that is unlikely to harbour romantic notions of history - however, I do agree that Derby have to be considered a bigger club than us.

Hopefully (if their interest is real and they're willing to chase) our man Kodjia would decide that it wouldn't be THAT much of a step up and not worth the risk that would be involved in having to establish himself all over again and risk losing an almost assured starting spot. We should be in a strong position so it should result in us keeping him, or at least commanding a sizeable fee (£8m+ I'm thinking).

13. Angelicnumber16

Fair point, but what I meant is that Derby are also a bigger club than we are at present too.

They regularly get over 30,000 at home games and they are likely to be a more attractive proposition than us.

14. RedorDead

Are you on drugs? You know they ain't no good for. They cost too much

15. Red Robin

At present Derby are bigger in terms of crowds,but nowt else.

However as i keep saying put some success on the pitch and the crowds will fill Ashton Gate no problem.

27000 should not be a problem,however Derby on a regular basis get 30000 plus.

16. Angelicnumber16

Derby are bigger in terms of crowds, almost certainly in the wages they'll be paying, and have way more pulling power than we do currently. 90% plus of players will understandably pick them over us for the obvious reasons if they were given the option.

In our first season in the old 1st Division we were regularly getting crowds of around 27,000 and I believe we could do so again were history to repeat, but we've a long long way to go, against some really big teams this coming season, with way more spending power than the likes of even Derby. The Championship will be a 3 tier division in 2016/17.

We are probably somewhere between tiers 2 and 3 as of today.

Supcon72 likes this.
  17. Mind the gap!

Derby are slightly bigger but for a player who is good enough for the prem at our club the obvious route of progression is directly to the Orem as other than wages Derby arent really able to offer more than us

18. RedorDead

You told us if Nigel Pearson came here, players would flock to him. But now he is at Derby we are comparable?

Are you and MTG sharing those drugs?

19. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

A proven manager will always get more attention from potential players than a journeyman. Players are human and want what they consider to be in their best interests, particularly if they have an agent looking for extra commissions. Bristol City or Derby County - no contest in my books.