1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

£3M bid for Kyle Naughton

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by Proud Fox, Jan 11, 2015.

1. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

Rumours of Kyle Naughton returning have been growing and the mirror have said we have made a £3M offer for him. I would love him to come back but I don't understand it.

Ritchie De Laet has just signed a new contract and he has proved this season he is good enough for a role but maybe not first choice.

Danny Simpson is a new signing and by all means doing quite well

Kyle Naughton was brilliant for us when we had him a few years ago but apart from if he is going to play left back I think it bemusing we want another right back when Konchesky is our only left back who like De Laet isn't good enough to be first choice.

But if we are buying him to play left back why don't we just buy a natural left back?

2. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

He has played more at LB than RB in recent years and may now call that his 'natural position'

3. Jack Lesterfan

Jack Lesterfan Well-Known Member

But all I hear is that he doesn't like playing LB, which is why he wants to move.

4. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

I wouldn't worry too much as I'm sure it's obviously to everyone that we need a left back not a right back so prospective signings like Naughton would probably know this if/when signing. If he is still happy to sign then there's nothing for him to be unhappy about

5. Jack Lesterfan

6. MIAMI_FOX

MIAMI_FOX Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Unlikely we will get him ahead of Swansea

7. Forfoxsake

Forfoxsake Member

The same thing was said before we signed Cambiasso and Kramaric don't write off the signing too early

8. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

Not so sure Miami ... the Swans certainly don't have our budget and the modern player seems to put pocket first when it comes to a move ... Naughton also has first hand experience of the set-up at Leicester ...

9. Jack Lesterfan

He seemed to enjoy his time here.

Will be guaranteed minutes here, too.

Though if I'm honest, I'm not sure on the situation at Swansea...

10. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

I spend a fair bit of time in South Wales (most half-terms etc) as my missus is Welsh and her family are all 'Jacks' (my mother-in-law lives about 15 miles from Swansea at the foot of the Brecon Beacons) ... they are incredibly astute in the transfer market, looking to pick up gems (like Michu) and then sell on ... Laudrup's tenure meant that they could get in the frame for players like Bony who they spent £12m on, not just breaking their previous transfer record, but blowing it to smitherenes ... partly enabled by the £15 million proceeds from the sale of Joe Allen to Liverpool.

With home gates of around 20,000 and owners with very modest personal fortunes their budget strings are very tightly controlled - Bony was, IMHO a 'calculated gamble' ... which has paid off handsomely - they are due to realise a £16 million profit on his sale ... bit it is unlikely that Gary Monk will be handed all of this to spend ... it will be used astutely and modestly to keep them 'bubbling along nicely' ... unless they think they have another potential find on the horizon ...

11. LeicesterWizard

LeicesterWizard Well-Known Member

double post :s

12. LeicesterWizard

LeicesterWizard Well-Known Member