1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

£31.6m Depay hires chef after piling on pounds

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by CFC: Champs £launderx17, Nov 11, 2015.

1. CFC: Champs £launderx17

2. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

3. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Of you wanted to lose weight why hire a chef? I'd put on weight.

4. Stan

Stan Stalker

Why is the projected transfer fee in the thread title? Desperate times for a desperate fair weather fan who's lost all credibility.

In other news £32million Eden Hazard who is currently on part time sabbatical is choosing between PSG and Real Madrid for an £80million transfer next summer as he doesn't fancy long ball Europop football next season.

5. King Shergar

King Shergar Well-Known Member

I think Depay needs to decide wether he wants to be a footballer or a bodybuilder. He thinks he's put on 5kg of muscle since he's joined United. Well that's near on impossible unless your on the roids, which he obviously isn't.

You can't gain muscle without gaining fat unless your a complete beginner, so he needs to start focusing more on his football for us rather than worrying about looking like Arnie :biggrin:

6. irdan

irdan Well-Known Member

Best sticking to subjects you know mate as this post is riddled with errors.

7. HRH Custard VC

HRH Custard VC National Car Park Attendant

King you talk **** like CFC

Muscle weights more than fat, its easy to put on weight if you train for it and 5 KG is not a lot and easily done in 4 months.

In other news, Chavbus are in a relegation fight and its top players all want out

8. King Shergar

I've been lifting weights since I was 12 so I know a lot more than both of you about it. And still train 4 mornings a week even now.

A trained guy like Depay is not going to gain 5kg of muscle in 3 months naturally. Even a complete beginner would struggle to do that. Someone with a decent physique already like Depay will take atleast 8 months, and that would be if he had excellent genetics for it.

Probably half of that 5kg is fat gains. This is why bodybuilders use bulks and cuts, as you can't add muscle without adding fat, it's pretty much impossible:biggrin:

9. HRH Custard VC

Prove it show us a picture of yourself, of your so called muscle. otherwise its bull :)
    I train with a weight lifter, he is like Depay, but bigger, and he increases his mass quite quick, when it comes to an event (no drugs)

10. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

He joined four months ago. 5kg in 18 weeks is 275g of lean muscle per week which is well within the realms of possibility for a 21 year old. Probably not for someone just doing weights, as you say they would bulk up with fat as well. But certainly possible for someone balancing weights with resistance and core training and also a healthy dose of dynamic CV.

Either way, given the comments about Depay's lifestyle and commitment I doubt he has actually put on 5kg of muscle. It's more likely that Shaw's recent weight loss is down to Depay stealing his lunch.

11. King Shergar

I don't need to prove anything, all you need to do is read up on what it's possible to gain naturally in a short space of time, and you'll see that what I'm saying is spot on.

Go down your supermarket and pick up 5kg of meat, and then tell me you still believe it's possible to gain that in pure muscle in the space of a few months:biggrin:

12. HRH Custard VC

As I said no pic and its bull :)

13. King Shergar

If I was bullshitting I could just upload a picture of a really jacked guy I could get off the net, it wouldn't prove anything.

I train more like a powerlifter these days anyways where I focus mainly on strength, aesthetics and bodybuilding isnt really my thing. So I've not got any abs or anything like that.

Either way the point is that you can't build 5kg of muscle in 3-4 months naturally, that's the point we are debating, and you won't find any credible person that agrees that you can.

The problem with a lot of lifters out there is that they are on gear, and they are claiming that they aren't. So it makes people believe they can achieve a lot more naturally than they actually can. But if you look at the actual science behind it even a genetically gifted natural lifter who is doing everything to perfection, in terms of training, diet and rest could not gain 5kg of muscle in the space of 3-4 months, it's impossible especially for a guy who was clearly working out quite abit even at PSV :biggrin:

14. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Other than all the sports science studies conducted in this area.

Don't know, or care, about weightlifters, but all the studies have shown that gains of up to 0.5kg a week in lean muscle mass are possible for elite athletes engaged in professionally directed training with established weight gain goals using legal supplements. So 275g a week is easy to achieve for anyone with the sort of nutritional guidance and structured training given to modern footballers.

All of which ignores the salient point that Depay is almost certainly not on any weight gain routine that we are aware of, and therefore the club probably isn't trying to bulk him up and thus it is unlikely his weight gain is all down to muscle.

15. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Ale and junk food probably.

Single man in eating **** shocker.

21 away from his homeland for the first time, enjoying the lifestyle a tad too much and he's Dutch

#standard

16. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

That doesn't leave much left.

17. King Shergar

An elite athlete does not gain muscle fast naturally, as they are already at an elite level so gains become a lot slower. The time when you will gain muscle quickest is when you first start lifting, and are a complete novice, as that's when your muscles have the most room for growth. An elite athlete would be lucky to gain 5kg in a year, never mind in 4 months. Actually look it up, you'll be suprised how long it takes. :biggrin:

18. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Who could have known that a thread about Depay being a porker could get so dull so fast?

Sweats and bulletinthehead like this.
  19. Stan

Stan Stalker

Check out who the OP is.

20. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

<laugh> He'll be having a break again when Chelsea lose next weekend.