1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

£30 cap on away tickets

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by PINKIE, Mar 9, 2016.

1. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

2. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

I'm intrigued....how are you and Hiag gonna contrive to get into a row on this thread? <laugh>

3. HRH Custard VC

HRH Custard VC National Car Park Attendant

££££ will finally be able to fill its stadium with away fans <ok>

Just needs home fans with cheaper tickets

4. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

I thought HIAG might jump in two footed with a quip about Arsenal ripping off fans over tickets, before I gently reminded him that Arsenal have gone one step further and reduced the cap to £26 (to match their cheapest home ticket). But I guess that one's spent (pun intended) now ?*

*even when I've given him the heads up before it hasn't stopped him walking into a balls up. :)

5. Again, Pixie, you demonstrate a complete lack knowledge of how wumming works.

But that's beside the point.

What I am wondering is how AFC is going to use this to further exhort money from the fans?

6. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

Pie prices will be going up.

Its a load of **** this is. There should be a cut across the board. Home tickets....those that make up 90% plus of every home crowd should be paying a lot less too.

The football clubs don't need it, they are greedy bastards throwing patronising gestures to keep the fans quiet for the foreseeable future.

7. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

<laugh> And right on cue ...

8. Pies, Pixie. That's how. Listen to Spurlock, he has wisdom beyond your years.

9. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

I should have taken bets on you walking into another balls up. :)

10. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Anyway, HIAG. No need to dig a hole for yourself on this thread. What do you think about the ruling today ? The fsa were campaigning for a £20 cap but do you think £30 is a step in the right direction ? The clubs are getting a huge windfall next season so maybe they could have gone further ? Personally I think it's a small token, but albeit a welcome one.

11. ...or, to put it another way, for me to cast my wum-line before you came back almost instantly with a juicy, fat, bloated, Peskie-fish!

12. Huh?

Is this a trap?

This appears like an intelligent question that you have directed at me! If I answer it in due kind, is it going to, somehow, blow up in my face, or "come back to haunt me?"

I need to know before I commit myself to a non-wum reply.

13. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Chronologically inept statement. I wrote the thread, called it that you'd balls up and here you are doing that.

14. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

<laugh> straight question. No need to tie yourself up in knots on this thread. I'm genuinely interested to know what you (and others) think about this ruling.

15. Okay. I'll take your enquiry at face value.

I think it's a decent move in the right direction. However, as Spurlock alludes to (quite righty, in my view), the FA has done the absolute least it could have done, and one has to be extremely sceptical that it will prove to be nothing more than a token gesture, and they'll keep scamming the fans in other ways.

16. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

I think they could have done more for home fans given the amount that's coming into the premier league next season. But it's definitely a step in the right direction. One of the issues that's been raised already though is that championship teams (who won't benefit from any of the TV money) can't afford to subsidise away fans and have expressed concern that it will cost more to visit heir grounds and could deter fans and encourage them to go to premier league grounds instead. So it's not as straight forward as it might first appear.

17. You're welcome guys <smooch>

18. CFC: Champs £launderx17