1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

£20m Striker

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by wizered, Aug 7, 2016.

1. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Chelsea’s Abraham praised after Bristol City debut

please log in to view this image

Teenage Chelsea striker Tammy Abraham is already worth more than £20m, according to Bristol City boss Lee Johnson.

Abraham, 18, is on a
    season-long loan with the Championship side and came off the bench to score the equaliser on his debut in their 2-1 opening-day win over Wigan Athletic.
    Johnson said: “We put an awful lot of effort and work into getting him to Bristol City. We had to be patient and we risked not signing someone else, because we believed in the boy.
    “We’ve brought in a player who, on the open market, is worth somewhere north of £20 million.
    “He is renowned for being a bright young English talent and I think Chelsea believe in our project.”

A prolific scorer at youth level with Chelsea, Abraham also made two substitute appearances for the Blues in the final two games of last season.
    He is yet to make his full senior debut, but Johnson has no doubt he will be a big success while at Ashton Gate.

“You look at his enthusiasm and willingness to run.,” Johnson added. “He was superb when came on with his movement.

“We just need to understand what he wants and where he needs the ball and he will score goals for sure. Tammy is such a humble boy and he has a really bright future.”

http://www.westlondonsport.com/chel...-says-loan-chelsea-prospect-already-worth-20m

2. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Worth more than North of £20m, what a magnificent signing, they said it, not me...<ok>

3. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

Play him then

4. Bigjohnatyeo

Bigjohnatyeo Well-Known Member

Jimmy & Tammy will set the championship alight!

5. BrightredRickster

BrightredRickster Well-Known Member

With Tommy sitting behind them - the mouth waters

6. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

The sad thing is we will have to watch him leave at the end of the season - even in the unlikely event that we reach the promised land.

7. Tom_BCFC

Tom_BCFC Billy Bibbit
    Forum Moderator

Can he do it on a rainy Tuesday night at Preston ?

RedorDead likes this.
  8. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

9. NickH

NickH Well-Known Member

I think that's being overly negative. We should be grateful that we have one of the country's brightest young talents playing for us. Chelsea are amongst the World's top clubs & they rate him highly.

You never know though - he'll likely go out on loan for a few seasons, so if it goes well with us, he & Chelsea could choose City as his destination again. Also, in years to come, if we're lucky enough to be in the Premiership & he isn't getting 1st team football, we might be in his thoughts - it happened with Tomlin. :)

Red Robin likes this.
  10. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

You can't build a long term future on transient players looking to probably improve their lot elsewhere and I find myself saying during live games that this or that player used to play for Bristol city. I know in today's game the long term commitment has gone and we are told we have to accept the pitfalls of the modern footballing world but nonetheless I still have a huge problem with the mercenary nature of the sport. I really believe Tammy wants to perform at a high level and that he will use his time at Ashton Gate wisely and mutually beneficial to both parties and, although I think his signing was a minor coup for the club, I just can't help remembering those who arrived and departed in the same way. Danny Rose, Yannick Bolasie and Steve Caulker come immediately to mind and I know there are many more who have departed Ashton Gate for greater things and yet it still chokes when I have to say to friends - he used to be at Bristol City.

11. banksyisourhero

banksyisourhero Well-Known Member

Thats why its important to support and help him, he is a young kid who has barely played football at that level, he will have bad days as well as good ones.

Slating and slagging him off will not help. He is not by any definition a 'finished article'